what is a good brand four stroke motor?

Lets try this, I have roughly 11" from the motor mount to top bar and I also took a shot looking down at the drive gear.
If I need to move my clutch to another motor will it fit? Bolts in the same place etc?

Also what HP did my old motor put out?

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Gears.jpg
    Gears.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 110
Found several sites for the Honda GXH 50.

lol.... I went to a dealer ONCE just to get that thick chain cut. (I have since bought a tool.) They just about laughed at me. "A bicycle?" Yea... really don't want that experience again. Yes I ride a bicycle. And yea, no licence, no insurance, no registration, no hassle, I'm fine with that.

Only two shops came up near me. One has HORRID reviews and their website only mentions Kawasaki. The other seems to be out of business. No phone, website gone.

I'm in rural SW Michigan. Not much of anything worth anything near me.

BTW I did visit that lawnmower hospital... I am NOT about to blow over 800.00 on a motor. So back to the el cheapo one.

Art, for 3hp I think you read that for a 79cc HF motor. Most of our 50cc motors we use are in the 2/2.5 hp range. You can buy Huasheng certified motors here. They are not copies of copies. To me and others here they have the best quality copy of the Honda gxh50. They also have the 53cc version which has more torque than the 49cc, great motor. If looking at the site look under 4stroke kits not engines. 53cc comes with no tank or governor. 49cc comes with a tank and is governed. Well worth the money in my book. Grubee is a good vendor not thieves in any way.

Well I bought the preditor from Harbor Freight and it has to go back. Attaching photos, but exhaust doesn't line up and the screw holes for the entire clutch system are also the wrong size. So Huasheng.... grrrrr. But at least I can swap my parts and everything will fit. I WISH I knew what went wrong with the old one. But at this point I've tossed in the towel on fixing it, maybe it was just bad from the start. It happens.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 89
  • screwholes.jpg
    screwholes.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 82
Darwin, I sent them a message but may as well post here too. First you posted a link to the 49cc motor, but then you tell me 53 is better? I agree and found one, yet the URL of the page says 43.
Also it states only a 1A and 1B transmission will fit. What in blazes does that mean?

Darwin, I sent them a message but may as well post here too. First you posted a link to the 49cc motor, but then you tell me 53 is better? I agree and found one, yet the URL of the page says 43.
Also it states only a 1A and 1B transmission will fit. What in blazes does that mean?
If your going to buy a new huasheng 144f 53cc from grubee, then you need to purchase a 1A or 1B transmission at the same time. The 1A is geared for more open highways/roads & few hills. The Grubee 1B transmission is geared more for hilly areas. I run a Grubee 142f engine & 1B transmission in my bike & can take off flat footed, no pedaling. With my top speed at 28-32mph.

GEES, that's another 149 bucks. I've been looking around and it seems just getting another 49cc, exactly what I have, might be my best bet. And I can find them just about anywhere. Supposedly even walmart. (Or ebay, just because google shows something at walmart, doesn't mean it really is there.)

At this point I think I just want to remove the motor, put in a new motor, and not have to keep fiddling with other parts. Tried to find a flying horse motor (and honestly it looks pretty much the same as the huasheng.) And the ONLY seller I can find with those is bikeberry. I had a horrible experience with them and will never go back. Sent gasbike.net a few emails, they can't be bothered to even reply so phoey on them too.

Back