What shall we all bet the problem will be???...lol.

Buy a new engine and take that one apart to see if you can learn from it. We're all waiting with baited breath!

:D
Oh trust me on this one...lol...Not too much more for me to learn on these stock babies, but then again, I used to be an ASE certified master tech with cars, trucks, (Not the big rigs)...lol... and motorcycles as well as a New Hampshire State MV inspector...I was actually licensed to diagnose and repair and test drive the NH State Police cruisers as well...lol...I can fix this...lol.

This was after my time and retirement as a police lieutenent from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts...lol.

Let's see some pics Uncle Damien when you get it apart.
Yep...I will take some pics to share with everyone when I get to doing it, probably next week sometime though...I have to first build a new computer for an 86 year old buddy of mine from my spare parts pile...His 1999 laptop finally bit the dust during a lightening storm here the other night that blew his laptop apart that I installed Linux operating system on about 10 years ago when he thought back then wouldn't be any good anymore because it wasn't able to upgrade to Windows 7 at that time...Linux is a better Operating System anyways than Windows ever thought of being...lol.

Yep...I will take some pics to share with everyone when I get to doing it, probably next week sometime though...I have to first build a new computer for an 86 year old buddy of mine from my spare parts pile...His 1999 laptop finally bit the dust during a lightening storm here the other night that blew his laptop apart that I installed Linux operating system on about 10 years ago when he thought back then wouldn't be any good anymore because it wasn't able to upgrade to Windows 7 at that time...Linux is a better Operating System anyways than Windows ever thought of being...lol.
If Linux supported the software I need to run, I'd be on it. Microsoft has been a terrible company for so long now.

What are you building for him out of curiosity?

If Linux supported the software I need to run, I'd be on it. Microsoft has been a terrible company for so long now.

What are you building for him out of curiosity?
Just another tower desktop type computer using a Lenovo ThinkCentre basic computer with an Asus MB that I can add a little more ram to it and then install a another Linux OS on it, rewrite some of the computer code to make things run faster and add only the programs that he uses so there is no bloated useless crap on it he will never use, etc...etc....lol.

The one I use here is also built from spare parts that I built around 7 years ago also using an Asus MB, 8 gigs of ram etc. and also rewrote some of the code to also run faster as well...It cold boots in just 4.340 seconds...lol...fully loaded ready to use...lol.

damien@damien ~ $ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 1.747s (kernel) + 2.593s (userspace) = 4.340s
graphical.target reached after 2.588s in userspace
damien@damien ~ $

If Linux supported the software I need to run, I'd be on it
Many times, there is Linux software that can be used instead of Microcrap Windblows programs...lol.

Ps...There is a reason they don't put "Windows" on the US submarine fleet...lol...Windows leak...lol...So don't screen doors too...lol.

I'm going to guess it's the rod bearing. I have no basis for my guess but it would be funny if I was right!

I'm going to guess it's the rod bearing. I have no basis for my guess but it would be funny if I was right!
I will bet its crank bearings
Im still thinking its a "soft seize" but we shall see...lol...I will be taking it apart and try some oil around the rings and piston and just go from there.

Just another tower desktop type computer using a Lenovo ThinkCentre basic computer with an Asus MB that I can add a little more ram to it and then install a another Linux OS on it, rewrite some of the computer code to make things run faster and add only the programs that he uses so there is no bloated useless crap on it he will never use, etc...etc....lol.

The one I use here is also built from spare parts that I built around 7 years ago also using an Asus MB, 8 gigs of ram etc. and also rewrote some of the code to also run faster as well...It cold boots in just 4.340 seconds...lol...fully loaded ready to use...lol.

damien@damien ~ $ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 1.747s (kernel) + 2.593s (userspace) = 4.340s
graphical.target reached after 2.588s in userspace
damien@damien ~ $

Many times, there is Linux software that can be used instead of Microcrap Windblows programs...lol.

Ps...There is a reason they don't put "Windows" on the US submarine fleet...lol...Windows leak...lol...So don't screen doors too...lol.

He should be good for another decade or so.

There's no alternative to the programs I use unfortunately. Industrial programming / programming software, etc. not to mention gaming.

I recently built myself a throwback 2000~ ish Athlon XP on my old Asus A7V w/ winXP. Installed all my old games from CDs (yes I still have them). I'm young(ish).

I work with old tech... for fun.

;)

IMG_4022 (Small).JPGIMG_4023 (Small).JPGIMG_4028 (Small).JPG

Back