What to do with old gas and oil?

....I don't get the mentality that its ok to burn in a car with a $5000-8000 dollar engine because they are concerned about a $129 engine????? o_O :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, let me clarify for the weak minded. I wouldn't run straight "old gas" in any engine, whether it is a weedwhacker, motorcycle or car. The point of burning it in your car is that the old gas is mixed in with a large amount of fresh gasoline, and a modern car has electronic fuel management that will tune the engine to burn it as cleanly as possible.

And most of the time, the "old gas" that I am burning in my car is just what 2 stroke premix or straight gas that was leftover from the previous season.

I would not use gas that has gone through "phase separation" of the ethanol because of moisture contamination. We're talking old gas, not contaminated gas.

you guys quit argeing about it and just pour it down the toilet....no cigarette or splifs at this time though

LMAO.....one problem with that turtle...where I live it ends up in the water supply, but I am with you....enough arguing, pour it out burn it or throw a big party and drink it, just stop arguing about it. Getting kinda silly. I remember as a kid having a pour spot for used motor oil on our place.......funny, visit it now and nothing of the spot can be found.

Stan ..I don't mind the arguing here ..I enjoy it..I just thought I would offer a non green alternative. yea I pour a little used oil and premix out in the corner of the property next to the power pole...think it helps peserve the wood..dont want that thing falling over on the house that is now paid for.

Last edited:
Funny how people riding two strokes are concerned about pollution.:whistle:
If you really are concerend about pollution ride a four stroke or go electric, or use the pedals, but don't stop at taco bell for lunch while you are out because you may produce methane.:devilish:

Back