Whizzer rear wheel needed

Does it have to have a Bendix brake? I can suggest one that has a Shimano brake. (I'm presently using a Shimano hub on my Whizzer, having had the Whizzer "Bendix-style" brake fail on two hubs).
If the Shimano would work, and you're looking for a chrome rim I'd suggest this one. It comes with the Shimano CB-E110 coaster brake and 12ga spokes. http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_info.php/cPath/124_71_78/products_id/1530

Thanks for the reply. I actually considered the wheel with the Shimano brake a couple months ago. There are a couple things I have to consider:
Will it work with my old 60 year-old chain?
Can I get the nuts for my Whizzer rear stand?

Jerry

If your chain is a skip-tooth (or 1" pitch as it's also called) the rear sprocket would not work with your chain. If your chain is the standard 1/2" pitch, this will work fine. As far as the nuts for a Whizzer drop stand are concerned, the standard ones will fit this axle and they should be available through Memory Lane Classics ( www.memorylane-classics.com ). Quenton Guenther might also have them.

KilroyCD,

The wheel arrived today. Very nice. I have one problem: The sprocket assembly came in a packet and not assembled to the wheel. Is there a photo available to show how to assemble the sprocket? It's not obvious and no directions were included. Thanks.
Jerry

The ones I have ordered came that way as well. The sprocket assembly is easy to mount. The sprocket is keyed in that it has three splines on the inside. The driver that the sprocket fits over is similarly keyed, with three rounded slots. Fit your sprocket onto the driver, making sure the dust cap is in place before fitting the sprocket. You'll note that the sprocket is dished. Whether your sprocket will need to be dished inside or outside will depend on the chain clearance. The pdf file attached shows it dished with the teeth to the outside. Then take the snap ring that was supplied and lock the sprocket into place by snapping it into the groove in the driver outside of the sprocket. Make sure the snap ring is fully seated. You are then all set to go. I hope this helps!
http://site.nycewheels.com/Documents/Dahon-folding-bike/dahon-folding-bike-mu-uno-hubs-manual.pdf

Back