Who here rides a non motorized bike regularly still?

Percentage of Motoredbike riding to regular bike riding

• 50% Motor 50% bike same bike

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 75% Motor 25% bike same bike

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 50% motor 50% bike different bikes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 75% motor 25% bike different bikes

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 100% motor 0% non engined bike collecting dust

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
hahahaha im still doing 37mph on a trek 480 ans its a heavy frame its a trip to see me peddaling down the streat at 30+mph cant keep it constant but my average is 20-25 not bad for human power and i used it for deliverys and in 3 days racked up 35mil in use

hahahaha im still doing 37mph on a trek 480 ans its a heavy frame its a trip to see me peddaling down the streat at 30+mph cant keep it constant but my average is 20-25 not bad for human power and i used it for deliverys and in 3 days racked up 35mil in use

Weeellll, you still be a young buck at 21. Enjoy while you can. :LOL:

Why, when I was your age...........:p

I ride my electric tricycle for around 75% of the time because it gets used for shopping and going to the hardware store etc etc. My tricycle is my car replacement for around the town type tasks and I've got it geared so I can pedal along too and get some exercise without wearing myself out too fast.
Because I like bicycles I own a small fleet of elderly English bicycles and these get ridden in between times for the sheer fun of it.
Having a motor push or pull you about is certainly helpful when it comes to carrying large loads, but I still enjoy the buzz I get from riding one of my old lightweights or ladies sports bicycles. When I walk I need a walking stick, but once I'm on a bicycle I'm free and I can go fast without missteps or wobbles :D
I know what you mean. I get back pain so bad, I occasionally have to use a Hugo rolling walker, if not just a cane, to get around. Hmm. Now what's the possibility of motorizing that rolling walker? :LOL:

As I prefer to ride to work than sit on a bus with 50 smelly/noisy/depressed commuters
i ride a standard bike when my MB is broken.

its a win win situation really as when the MB is down for maintenance I get exercise.

I just purchased two Schwinn Voyageurs for The Mrs and I. We love pedaling around.
Of course, I also ride a 1600cc Kawasaki daily, and my two MB'S I ride whenever I can. Not enough though.

1 thing cool about a friction drive kit is you can use your bike just like a regular bike too. I like the exercize so at least 3/4 of the time I just pedal it and when I get tired I pull the engagement handle down and im zoooooomin. I encountered my 1st police cruiser yesterday even though I had the motor going I was still pedalling and he never gave me a second look. Thankfully this thing is quiet too.

I am almost 60 years old, & I ride a regular bike MUCH more often than a powered bike.

Good post and poll. I like to pedal to start and gain speed. That is probably a given for everybody. I will ride with others who don't have a motor and will pedal then, unless I can't keep up. Then I crank it up and go fast. I will also pedal up anything that slows momentum. The more I ride the more I like to ride so I may get a second bike w/o a motor.

My "comfort bike"

As you can see, I'm REALLY into comfort :cool:. Not pedaling too much right now as it's 105 (just feels like 130).

Attachments

• red bike0002lowres.jpg
    red bike0002lowres.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 145
Back