Carby Why do i have two fuel lines on my carb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

happyfeet

Hi guys and gals, this is my second post so please be patient and nice with me. My problem is i have two fuel lines coming out of my carb, one is big and the other one is small. I have searched the forum but i cannot find any information on it. I don't want to connect it wrong can anybody help me please. happyfeet:cool:

What kind of engine?
If it uses a multi-position diaphram type carburetor...the second line is return.

:cool:my ROBIN engine has 2 lines also. i also presumed that one was a return line. on my fuel-injected chevy engine, there was a return line. on my carbureted chevy engine, i also installed a return line when i installed a gigantic fuel pump to feed my carburetor. this wass to ensure that i could supply the carb with maximum volume of fuel for high demand. whatever fuel that the engine did not need was returned to the tank.

If you are talking about a Honda GXH50 or clone, the one that comes off the left as you are look at the carb side is to drain the carb for storage. The other in the fuel supply to the engine.

Ok its deffinetly not a four stoke, it says starfire on there i have taken some pictures but how do i include them in my reply.

the one that comes off the left as you are look at the carb side is to drain the carb for storage. The other in the fuel supply to the engine.

i think it might be what HoughMade is talking about. can somebody have a look and let me if it is, thanks.

here are the pictures, thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,045
Well, I was talking about a 4 stroke, snd since it comes off the top, I doubt it is for a drain...gravity working the way it does. ;)

looks like "overflow" to me.

everyone should keep their "engine type" up to date, in your profile, as it helps others help you.

:cool:I just found out what engine it is, its called starfire then it says grubee.com if that helps. Happyfeet.

The bottom hose in the second pictar is the float bowl vent.
If the needle seat leaks, fuel will dribble out of that line, fairly fast I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back