Why does everyone hate 4-stroke bikes?

I'm going on my 6th build and NEVER had a clutch issues with any of the motors I bought.
I'm thinking you don't know jack sh*t with what you doing !!
You dont know shet about delivering a product thats ready to go, go on and learn how to spell on a instructions manual.

HT engines are cheap for a reason, you can't expect them to run like a Honda right out of the box. A lot of folks have experience making them good runners and a lot of folks do not have that experience.

Ed, a guy that has only run 2 strokes sheared the key what happened was the small gear cracked at the keyway and expanded flinging the key. Junk parts = junk motor. Who wants a motor that breaks within 2000 miles. 49cc 4 strokes are years durable and 2 strokes are only like 6 to 8 months. At that point they buy a cylinder. I would rather design a 4 stroke that has the same basic shape and width as the 2 stroke just to ditch wide pedals. Even if they are properly aligned loosening.

Yes,,, I hear yha...

Best longevity for us is 2 strokes,,, they last forever,,, way beyond the FAA 360 hour inspection,,, we have one 2-stroke close too 10.000 miles,,, the other 5 engines are in the 2000 too 3000 mile category...

If a person pays attention to jetting and the mix,,, it would be easy too pull off 700 ++ service hours,,, ruffly 15 too 17.000 miles before inspecting the piston rings and liner...

Pretty sure we will end up at 22 too 25.000 miles before we replace it with another $87 Cnd fund engine...

A fellow in our area is going into year 7 with his factory clutch,,, he switched clutch pads a few years ago,,, the clutches on our units work awesome,,, they will last for ever,,, mind you we're geared down so there is nill for stress on our units...

Our Flying Pig Bike number 3 is the flag ship of the batch,,, lots of power and super smooth clutch for hole shots out of the creeks...

92% too 98% of our rides are off road,,, lots of farm operations and pulling wagons,,, normally 6 too 700 lbs,,, they do ok pulling the 8 too 1100 lbs,,, a person is wize too keep an eye on the clutch temps,,, tighten the shaft spring 2 notches,,, dont be scared too bump the clutch pull into the 12.2 too 12.7 lbs,,, most clutch packs are set at 8.8 too 9.2 lbs,,, they work great for 275 too 440 lbs of rider and bike weights...

We will tear down bike engine number 1 this summer,,, bikes 2,,, 4,,, and 5 will need 10 too 17.000 miles on them before we do inspections on them...

Plain old chain saw oil keeps our engines running great,,, super clean too the environment,,, quiet and will run for years too come...

Our large 4 stoke engines would most likely out last my life time easy,,, same design engines like this are still running today with 55 too 62 years with valve adjustments and oil changes only...

They are the real turn key units with way more hp then is needed,,, they come out of the box at 7 too 8 + hp,,, some folks big bore them too 13 + hp...

We did the electric start engines,,, they come with big staters too power up head and tail lights,,, heated grips and cell phones...

The engines are a bit heavy at less than 30 lbs,,, our fat tire bikes are rated too 450 lbs...

That's plenty of lee-way too smash the trails in the mountains,,, the bolders out there are hard on bikes,,, so we brought in 10 of them incase 1 get crunched... Ha 🤣👍

Buy kit,,, bolt it in,,, get out there and put on endless miles,,, life is just that simple...

Good times for sure...

Jt

Wow though I've built 2 strokes for others all I've ever owned is 4 stroke builds. Been using my Robin Subaru 35 for 11 years now. I've only replaced spark plugs. Preventive maintenance is a must for longevity.

Guys this form should about discussion, not argument. I welcome discussion for I learn from that. I leave argument alone for it serves no purpose.
This is a great website but there are to many big kids acting like children.

107CCBCF-C186-4A85-A158-96CE5F321AB5.jpeg

Here is my 4 stroke. Easily hits 32mph, drive to work every day. Looks good, sounds good, reliable, everybody that drives 2 stroke just never rode a 4 stroke

I agree and those engines can last years instead of months. Some would rather swap the top ends and some would rather ride. The clutch on the 49cc 4 strokes can be a problem depending on the type. No chaindrive gearbox and no bushing I found the bearing type clutch is the best. I can't put one on mine because it's a straight shaft. The bushing transmission is junk.

I agree and those engines can last years instead of months. Some would rather swap the top ends and some would rather ride. The clutch on the 49cc 4 strokes can be a problem depending on the type. No chaindrive gearbox and no bushing I found the bearing type clutch is the best. I can't put one on mine because it's a straight shaft. The bushing transmission is junk.
I also have the 15mm straight shaft. I drilled a tiny hole through my clutch gears and I use a syringe to put a drop or two every now and then, since then no problems. But yes, for beginners who don’t know, this bushing can be a pain

Back