wind taken from my sails

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by tvfrfireguy, Aug 8, 2008.

  1. tvfrfireguy

    tvfrfireguy New Member

    After reading and lurking for three weeks here at MBC, I stumbled across a question about Oregon law governing these great fun bikes. I guess I am limited to 35cc. I weigh about 230# so what options are out there. Do cops stop these bikes and look at papers documenting engine displacement? Should I just go for it and be a rebel? Dave

  2. stude13

    stude13 Active Member

    hi dave; jump on it. we aint gattin any younger, although you will feel like its happenin. a 35cc subaru is bulletproof. mitch
  3. lol i found out otherwise about the 35cc rs
  4. kawasaki999

    kawasaki999 Member

    If it was me I would buy a tanaka 47cc and a decal from a tanaka 32cc and put the 32cc sticker on it, cops will never know the dif.
  5. lol i do that all the time
  6. That's a great idea. :cool:
  7. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    I don't think that this would be to far of a stretch - 47cc to 32cc - should work - but - how easy is it to get that 32cc sticker ? I am riding the Subaru 35cc - like it a lot - here in Ca. MBs should be under 2 hp - so I think that I am legal - but - more hp could add up to a little more fun ? Happy Riding from - Mountainman
  8. mojoruss

    mojoruss Guest

    You can always contact the engine mfg and tell them you accidently scratched your sticker during a crash and request a replacement... I'd also bet you could go to almost any of those graphic print shops (the kind that do the car wraps etc for different businesses), and have them whip up one. Should not be too hard to give 'em a simple artist type sketch and let them turn out a few examples for you to pick from....
  9. astring

    astring Member

    the golden eagle system with the Robin Subaru EHO35 is what I ride. I am about 220 and my bike is 60+ pounds. I can cruise at 20 for hours no problem. I use my bike for my commute. Teamgorrilla got a hold of a counterfeit Robin Subaru (with a plastic cam) and he holds it against the company.

    That being said the eho35 will stall in 105+ degrees. This is a little inconvenient because you have to pull the cord at stop lights (though it starts with the first pull).
  10. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    well - let me counter what I said before - just to get both sides covered. We had a family member (passed away now) who was an Asst. Chief of Police. This man was raised around go-carts, motorbikes and motorcycles. He had many police friends who also enjoyed riding with their kids on many different motor driven toys if you will. The Chief also rode at work for many years - they had Harleys back then. If we think for one minute that if this gentelman or one of his police buddies would have pulled us over that we could BS them into thinking that a 47cc is really a 32cc ?? Come on now ! Many if not most cops have had as many gas engines as we have - motorbikes, motorcycles, go carts, lawnmowers, weedwackers, small gas airplanes and the list goes on and on. Happy Riding from - Mountainman
  11. kawasaki999

    kawasaki999 Member

    Mountainman, Go to golden eagle bike engines and look at the 26cc, 32cc, and there 40cc tanakas they all look the same. They dont sell the 47 its a bored out 40 and it looks the same. I just went and looked at my 47r and there is no stamp on engine that says cc,s just a sticker on the recoil start.

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  12. kawasaki999

    kawasaki999 Member

    Heres my 22.7cc weed wacker motor, does the 47 look twice as big! Very little dif.

    Attached Files:

  13. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    No reason to argue the point - I hope that it all flies ! If we have to - we will do what we need to do - so as to ride. Let's just say that if a pooolice man or Lady knows a little in regards to engines and even has some doubt - a ticket may be a coming. Worst yet - I have been pulled over by motorcycle cops - who specialize in traffic - wouldn't want to try and BS them.. PS - I am pulling for any and all who ride MBs... Happy Riding from - Mountainman
  14. kawasaki999

    kawasaki999 Member

    Mountainman, Just trying to make a point,not arguing. Just trying to help my fellow motorbikers. Happy Riding!
  15. Mountainman

    Mountainman Active Member

    kaw9 -- I understand - I have my own issues here in Ca. - some GRAY AREAS - that's what I call them anyway. Some say that I can ride without a drivers license - have letters from different pooolice depts stating that --- and then many others say that I can not.. Have not been stopped yet - hope not to - have had many pooolice give me a look - and the best advise that I have gotten is - when they look start pedalling - every time I do - they just look away.. Got one of those goofy Ca. motorized bicycle plates attached - looks pretty legal - don't want to give them ANY REASON to stop me -- and for now - it's been a blast of a ride - as much fun as that first motor scooter I had - wow - 50 years ago now. If I thought that I could get away with it - I would buy a larger engine - maybe 49 to 80cc and put a 35cc stamp on it and ride - I would - but - this guy would get caught - and be in big trouble... Happy Riding from - Mountainman
  16. Zev0

    Zev0 Member

    Astring, wouldn't just a little extra throttle on stops keep it going. It works for me. Just not enough to engage the clutch.
  17. StevePA

    StevePA New Member

    I don't know what your requirements are but I weigh in at 250 and am using the RS EHO35cc. I find that it has plenty of power (I actually wish I had gone with the smaller EHO25). Going with a 2-stroke would give even more power/cc. Do you already have a set up? If not, you may be surprised at how much these little engines provide.