With high revs engine slow to return to idle

Oldcrow

Local time
12:19 AM
On the Zeda 100 when I release the throttle with clutch pulled in the idle stays very high and takes a long time to lower. The rpms stay high when I release the throttle for what seems like atleast a minute. If I pull in the clutch lever, Rev the engine 1/2 or 3/4 throttle and then release the throttle the engine doesn't wind down immediately like you would expect. First thought was sticking throttle cable but its not stuck, this issue is not happening on cold engine, only after the engine is warm or hot. Maybe the needle is not dropping immediately when it's hot? Anyone experienced this? Thanks

I haven't even checked the needle position but will, I can check the intake manifold and or order a new gasket for that, Im willing to check the carb/throttle/air fuel ratio an check for some air leaks.... but if correcting the issue requires pulling the one piece jug off or opening the case the next owner can do that. I like having this toy around, but there's limits on how much time I'm willing spend. If I need to do all that so soon I wouldn't have paid the premium for the Zeda and gotten it from a cheaper vendor where it's expected that you have to go through the entire engine. Honestly this little thing is fun but I'd rather spend the hours working on my motorcycle. I will follow up on all the suggestions that are smaller procedures. Otherwise I got a good deal on a Zeda 100, Huffy cruiser with chpower sprocket adapter, brand new 2.3 Schwallbe Fat apple tires. Anyone in or near Central VA wants it?

Back