Would tires really make a difference for when I'm pedaling

As you can tell from my last post here, I have ALWAYS been "sweet, pure, and innocent, and a paragon of virtue", at all times...lol...lol...lol.

I was such a odd kid Only rebel thing I did was listen to heavy metal . And I'm still a metal head .

Had a blast riding ebike today did most ride with battery off, just jaming downhill and uphill.

Knobbies are for off-road, too bumpy (and soft) for asphalt.
My favorite road tires are Continental Tour Ride, a great value for the price.
Theoretically, a skinnier (or taller) tire will roll faster than a wide one.

I had a couple of bikes using 700c tires. I liked them, they did roll easier. Now I'm convinced for me 26x2.125 for a FD is the better size. Tire wears better in the rear and the 26in gives a better ride overall absorbing bumps, more choices when buying.

I had a couple of bikes using 700c tires. I liked them, they did roll easier. Now I'm convinced for me 26x2.125 for a FD is the better size. Tire wears better in the rear and the 26in gives a better ride overall absorbing bumps, more choices when buying.
You do neednto clarify what style.of 700c. Standard 23mm width road tires are all of the things you describe. Once you get into the 700c "mtb" style tires, aka 37 to 47mm in width, they become more forgiving. My 700x42 Continentals are a great compromiae of ride comfort and rolling resistance.

38mm was OEM both bikes. Went to 45mm and my opinion is still the same after trying the wider tire. Rear tires would wear a lot quicker with FD.

I guess I just haven't noticed the same issues with mine. I run about 60psi in my 700x42 tires and I find it rides decently for what it is. As far as wear, has yet to be seen as I only have a couple hundred miles on these Continentals, but they are ebike rated and fairly heavy duty, so I hope they last a while.

Back