Would you believe I'm planning my next build? (4 Stroke Content)

there are 1" threaded mtb forks out there
I am researching about them myself for my Jaguar
google '1" threaded suspension forks' and we can swap notes :D

there are 1" threaded mtb forks out there
I am researching about them myself for my Jaguar
google '1" threaded suspension forks' and we can swap notes :D

Good, somebody to join me in my seemingly endless task. As soon as I find something interesting I'll PM you.

Choppers US has that disc brake mount I linked to earlier. LOL, it costs almost as much as that down hill fork.

How do them Schwinn chopper forks look? It even has provisions for front brakes.

How do them Schwinn chopper forks look? It even has provisions for front brakes.

This one?

I think I'm going to call my local cycle shop and inquire how much it costs to lace up a wheel with a drum brake.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I broke down and ordered a drum brake.

You'll be so glad you did. I just installed my new drum /wheel on my Jaguar and went for a 20 mile ride. It really is a nice way of brakeing. For me it changed the whole feel of the bike.

I based my choice off of price and positive comments from many members here. Did I mention price? Even if it costs $50 bucks to have it laced on, its still cheaper than disks. Which would also require a new hub.

I based my choice off of price and positive comments from many members here. Did I mention price? Even if it costs $50 bucks to have it laced on, its still cheaper than disks. Which would also require a new hub.

Yeah, the wheel that came with my schwinn is pretty new, and I can score a hub for 50. I figure drumm hub front, plus rear caliper and rear coaster will be plenty of braking power.

Back