You tube Britt vanegas (world fastest 66cc China girl)

I have never had a problem getting over 50mph! My sweet spot for cruising is just between 45 and 50 with top speed still to be determined though honestly I cant see getting much faster than mid 70's that seems to really be the hump to get over!

Attachments

• 2017-02-27 20.44.48.jpg
    2017-02-27 20.44.48.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 275
I've never had a problem going over 50 either, in fact I was one of the first (possibly the first, though unverified so I go with "one of the" to stay honest) to hit 50 with one of these engines almost half a decade ago. the best I've managed is 65 miles per hour, and my current race bike breaks 50 with a 24 inch wheel and 40 tooth sprocket, and likely could break my 65 mile per hour record by a long shot if I were willing to sacrifice acceleration.

I know from experience that these motors can make the power to hit the speeds some of these miami guys claim, I just doubt that they can achieve the required RPM without either blowing their motors first run or having some ridiculous compound gearing setup. I'm spinning way over 11000 RPM which is big numbers even for an engine not made in china and I'm replacing parts every other week.

maybe I'll host a southern racing event, I know I can dominate most of those guys claiming to do 70+ mph on a road course. just gotta find something that isn't an oval track or a drag strip in the south. harder than it sounds

They are just trying to make the torque to pull the lower ratios Britt was running around 9,000 rpm with a 2.36 final gearing and yeah it's a wot set up and wont work on and off throttle on a road course but still one way of getting it done!Also I have alot of people here in southern Ont that can verify I have had a few bikes doing close to 70 for over a decade now! Granted I did blow up every one of those but even those failures tell a story as to what works or not.The first kit I got was in 04 and i ran it box stock as there was nothing avail for it at that time, It was slightly ported,decked and squish set tight and on a road bike with 700c and the stock 44t gear it did 50mph just around 11,000 rpm but everyday for 6 months min 45 miles a day some times 80 plus until winter hit and i didn't re jet for the -10 temps i was riding in and actually warped the head and then peeled the plating!

Last edited:
close to 70 with a pre-2012 crank? that's something I'd have to see. must feel like riding a jackhammer

close to 70 with a pre-2012 crank? that's something I'd have to see. must feel like riding a jackhammer
Lol yes with the bolt on weights but even back then I knew to balance and true it and replace the bearings! I am lucky to have had a lathe and mill, a press and lot's of previous experience building 2 strokes so I just try stuff with these engines they are cheap and easy to get parts so why not!Honestly the biggest issue for these engines that I have the most problems with when making some real torque and hp is the clutch the pads don't work and the pins holding the shaft halfs bend and have sheared before the key did witch surprised me! But usually its a twist between them that messes me up!The spring pressure also when heavier it's harder to operate and the bucking bar wear is fast along with the ball bearing those are the parts that held me back the most lol!

I was just thinking about those builds after writing the above and I still have a couple of those old cranks and looked at them again and they filled more case area then these solid ones!And were way heavier than now giving a more stable idle but slower to rev up!

man that is crazy fast. i think i'd be to scared to hit that speed on a bike. any type of small malfunction and your life is over..or at the least will be changed forever. This guys wearing shorts and sneakers too.

Back