Your goal posts have to be inline with reality.

cloakedvillain

Local time
9:26 AM
If you ever want to complete a project you need to understand the limits of your skills, just how much material you have on hand, what tools you have, and how much free time you can spend on the project.

It doesn't matter how good you are if you don't have the free time to get it done.

It doesn't matter if you have all the tools if you cannot afford the material.

It doesn't matter if you have all the parts if you have no tools.

A single project that gets finished is worth more than an infinite amount of half finished projects.

Sadly too many people have unrealistic expectations. I think the bike im building is a little out of reach for me, but not too bad. The main thing Im running in to is the bracing joints. If I weld them it can mess up the existing braze joints, and if I braze them it can mess up the existing braze joints. Brazing has a significantly less chance of messing up the current joints, but it is still possible. I also have no clue how to braze.

All projects need those things. The most important parts of any project that often get overlooked are planning and persistence.

The more thought goes into any project before it starts, the less hurdles and bumps in the road you will have planned for.

Then, once you do encounter the bumps and hurdles you have to be able to stick things out and work through them. 9 times out of 10 an unfinished project stopped being worked on because a simple problem was encountered and the person gave up.

Also the first big project I ever had is still unfinished because of this. I had unrealistic expectations and still do 😆. Ive got the tools and time, just not the money. Hopefully I can get it done soon. I've kinda taken a brake from it because I got fed up with it needing part after part.

Back