Another Putzer Joins the Group

Silvaire

Local time
5:54 PM
Hello all,

First, I'd like to say what an excellent site this is! Reading through many of the threads, I find there are folks with every level of skill and experience - and much generosity by those with considerable knowledge helping out those who are just starting out.

I can't say that I really need a motorized bicycle (I have plenty of toys already, and riding my Bianchi Milano Bicycle and my Honda Trail 70 and 90 provide fun on a similar level). However, there is still a little bit of a 12 year old boy in me that has always been fascinated with the possibilities of motorized bicycles. 30 years ago I built up a couple of motorized bicycles. One was a Bumble Bike engine installed on a folding bicycle and the other one was one I never fully completed using a large Cox (gasoline, not nitro) engine.

With the crop of light and quiet 4 stroke engines that have come to market in recent years, my thoughts have turned to their being the ideal engine to use on a motorized bicycle. I do see the numerous kits offered, but none of them seem to offer quite what I want in a motorized bicycle.

Like many others who post here, I have my own ideas as to what a motorized bicycle should be. I have purchased two Subaru EH035 engines to work with. I have a pretty good workshop including my old Clausing lathe. My head is swimming with ideas...

I'm really looking forward to bouncing ideas off the others on this forum!

Last edited:
welcome aboard. With a lathe and the ability to use it you're quite likely to be one of the guys who gives out good ideas.

You probably ought to get started on your build. You'll enjoy it and we'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Welcome to MBc,
Share some pics as you finish your build.

More Smiles to the Mile.

Back