how far do you ride?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by noble b, May 31, 2012.

1. noble b

noble b Member

i have a grubee 66cc and use it to go to the store to work but have never gone farther that 7 8 miles one way. well i was wondering how far does everyone else on here go. because i want to push this thing farther i would like it to be a main form of transportation in my city. its not to big of a city you can get anywhere in 20 30 min (that's a high guess) in a car.

2. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

I have ridden a HT 2-stroke bike many times over 50 miles in a single trip; my longest was 138 miles. But I had to be prepared with tools to repair a fixable break. Those happened once in a while, not every ride. Always, I had pre-arranged with a helper to come and get me if necessary. The agreement was each time I called for help, it cost me a fancy steak dinner.

3. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I ride 30 miles to work everyday on my bumblebeebolton. Its a blast. I haven't drivin my truck in weeks. Its nice to have 60 extra bucks in my pocket at the end of the week from saving money on gas.

4. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

I don't know how many miles exactly but I was out for 5hrs with I think three 10min stops. Just cruising enjoying the day, no particular destination. I was riding very slow, maybe 15mph tops and managed to do it without topping off my tank.

5. noble b

noble b Member

mike what where you riding

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

my longest single day ride was just shy of 250 kilometers (156 miles) although on sealed roads.
    That's a long way away from home if the thing decides to fail, hence the reason why my trailer tool kit and fuel weighs in at around 35 kilos (77 lbs), virtually enabling the engine to be rebuilt on the side of the road...

7. perilous

perilous Member

I don't think I would do it now, but a long time ago I did a 120Km round trip a few times.

8. Lunardog

Lunardog Member

My average trips are just about town doing errands and sometimes to work and back. Town trips I average 20 to 30 miles but theres a lot of downhill coasting in the mountains.

9. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

Hi nobel_b -

The bike I put all those miles on was a Haro v3 I purchased about 18 years ago. It was a large diameter steel tube frame with rim V-brakes. I ride only dry paved roads at an average speed of 25 mph. In the western part of the U.S., towns can be found pretty far apart. The roads can be bumpy once in a while. I lost a few small items because they were not tied down well enough and bounced out of its holders.

MikeJ

10. I OWN A CHEVY SILVERADO AND SPEND 50-80 BUCKS PER WEEK ON GAS FOR MOSTLY WORK. I GOT A NEW JOB 5 MILES FROM MY HOUSE AND I RIDE MY BIKE PRETTY MUCH 5 DAYS A WEEK. I AGREE I LOVE SPENDING $2 IN GAS OIL PER WEEK AND PUT THE EXTRA $60 IN MY POCKET FOR A FAT BAG. IF IT DON'T GET SPEND ONE PLACE IT GETS SPENT THE OTHER. I ride golden shower bicycle engine.

11. wbuttry

wbuttry Member

i ride mine useally a 100 miles round trip once a month then 2 to 3 tanks a week in town and thats on a dax friction drive now since i put my happy time on my other bike i can use my friction for going out of town and use the other one for in town use only

12. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I feel ya there same here but i ride bout 30miles on a bumblebeebolton. You gotta love spending 50cents a day to get to work and back.

13. Hey how is that bumble bee kit In terms of dependablity , The only concern I see is the roller since it appears its not steel

14. noble b

noble b Member

Not trying to be rude but does anyone ride a grubee or an engine like that and go a good a ways. Also how fast does yalls bumblebeeboltons go

15. Jefro50cc

Jefro50cc New Member

hey, yeah i usually ride as much as possible havent actually checked how many ks on adverage per ride but i had my bike for a bout a week and a half before then engine mounts broke.(the engine has been through 2 people before me but still is running great. my i had done 216.86ks my max speed was 49.6kms my average speed was 21.7 i done 9 : 57 : 53 hrs of riding. so i done a fair bit of riding you could say. :)

16. noble b

noble b Member

Flmotor is that km and kmh

17. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I rode my chinagirl 15miles tonight!

18. noble b

noble b Member

after reading all these i got some confidence that mine would make it and did 25 yesterday