I got electrocuted by the kill switch and other questions

It's not a 15 s shock, it's really low watts and is just a "HAYAYAAH" moment. my kill-switch got loose on the handlebar and I squeezed it front and back to press it, and got the full shock for a few seconds. it's not going to kill you unless you have a weak heart, and even then I doubt it.

Oh, trust me...I completely understand exactly what you are talking about. I did not mean to seem as if I was doubting your account, I was just trying to explain the exact mechanism.

well, i just have to get in on this highly technical topic...lol...if the killswitch is grounding the signal to the cdi, then it isn't like grabbing the plug...right? doesn't the cdi send an amplified pulse to the plug?

also, if the shock is occurring at the hand that's grabbing the switch, i guess the "trail" to ground would merely pass thru a coupla fingers, and prolly not stop yer heart or turn you into a radioactive super-hero.

i don't know about you guys, but any unexpected electrical shock always feels like it was stronger than it really was.

i don't know about you guys, but any unexpected electrical shock always feels like it was stronger than it really was.

Yeah I stopped taking electrical shocks for recreational purposes a while ago. :p

my buddy handed me a metal lighter last year before I quit smoking "everything" and it shocked me and I whinged it across the room and barely missed his 54 inch DLP TV - serves him right for trying scare me!

l've gotten zaped by the plug,while riding, that really suked. next was on kronics chopper, kill switch got me that time. im sure we all have had are electro therapy sessions from these bikes.

is my wiring wrong?

on my bike=black to black, blue to blue and kill switch to white.
eng.runs fine and kill switch works every time.
star-fire 55cc.

on my bike=black to black, blue to blue and kill switch to white.
eng.runs fine and kill switch works every time.
star-fire 55cc.

The kill switch get spliced in with the Blue (or green) wire. What you are doing works as a kill switch because you are overloading the white wire circuit. The white wire is a 6v 3amp output circuit to run lights or whatever.

I do not know if this will cause damage or not. But if it does it will be the magneto that goes out.

Yeah I stopped taking electrical shocks for recreational purposes a while ago. :p
what, you never grabbed a wire or licked a 9-volt on purpose to check it out? you're missing out on a lot of fun :p

there are many places here that discuss theoretically proper wiring...

in order to "kill" the ignition signal, you need to run it to ground. the ignition signal is the blue or green wire. grounding the white wire will kill the engine, but for a different reason, and perhaps it could shorten magneto lifespan as 'impact suggests.

I am now a member of when MB's attack. Just got done with a little 5 mile break in ride, and my bike had enough. I know this because as i approached the house the throttle increased by itself and when I wet to use the kill switch it gave me a nice little zap. Do not anger happy time.

HEHE last time I was ZAP;T was when I was a kid and reached back to pull the plug wire on my go cart . That sux.

Back