I got electrocuted by the kill switch and other questions

Update: I ordered the universal motorcycle kill switch from Spookey Tooth to replace the electrocutioner that came with my bike, and it works great. I also ran another ground from one of the motor mounts to the frame by drilling a small hole in the frame and attaching the ground wire to it, just to make sure it was grounding through the bike and not through me.
Stryker

In my quest for a better throttle, I had to go elsewhere for a kill switch. My old Honda MC had a little button that grounded to the handlebars, I only used it to backfire.

ATV's [ quads, four wheelers, utility bikes], call em what you want, have excellent kill buttons, get the 2 wire type, one to blue, other to engine ground. Use a VOM or powered test light to test switch before installation. Once switch is ' known good '
your good.

ok, this thread is like 4 years old...lol.
BUT if he got electrocuted, he never would have been able to make the post.
electrocution means death....I think he just got a shock.

Old Post's

Hey Moto, What's up with the Post's staying around for that long? After a couple years, If no one has posted on it for a year or two, they should be closed to further post's and used for information ONLY. I made that mistake when I was a noob, Didn't notice the date on the post (3 or 4 yrs old) and responded to it. I think it would also help clean up the forum a bit to delete the old stuff or at least close them to more B vll S h!t that goes on year after year. Perhaps put it as a suggestion to an administrater, from someone that's been around longer than me. Someone that an administrater knows and respects. Perhaps someone that's been around since August, 2009.
Big Red.
And Yeah, We've all had a shock at one time or another in our lives. Mine was when I was six. OMG, THERE'S REALLY NO SANTA!!!!
(See what I mean, More B.S. :poop:) This time from me.

Last edited:
Back