Joining the Dark side.

Depending on what type of pain it is there are some diet changes that can actually help a little. A lot of my pain comes from inflammation, my nerve roots to my legs in particular can get irritated and inflamed and make things worse. If inflammation is your problem you can incorporate foods in your diet that have anti-inflammatory compounds to them. Tomatos, various types of nuts (Walnuts and Almonds), Leafy greens like spinach and collard greens, Broccoli too, and fatty fish like salmon, Tuna, Mackeral, and Sardines. Olive oil too, especially when used as a dressing or in a Chimichurri (One of my favorite things to use on Chicken).

I am not going to tout this as a miracle cure. It does help though.

Depending on what type of pain it is there are some diet changes that can actually help a little. A lot of my pain comes from inflammation, my nerve roots to my legs in particular can get irritated and inflamed and make things worse. If inflammation is your problem you can incorporate foods in your diet that have anti-inflammatory compounds to them. Tomatos, various types of nuts (Walnuts and Almonds), Leafy greens like spinach and collard greens, Broccoli too, and fatty fish like salmon, Tuna, Mackeral, and Sardines. Olive oil too, especially when used as a dressing or in a Chimichurri (One of my favorite things to use on Chicken).

I am not going to tout this as a miracle cure. It does help though.
Diet helps considerably not only with inflammation but general health and well being. An over loaded digestive system heavy with a diet of hydrogenated oils and fats, sugars and salt is not conductive to good health.

One of the best things we have found for inflammation is a turmeric and black pepper extract supplement. Both my wife and I have one a day which seems to help us with inflammation and it's accompanying joint pain. She has arthritis and I am just old but still very active.

Turmeric is an ancient remedy and combined with black pepper is more easily absorbed into the body. Again no miracles but it really seems to help.

Diet helps considerably not only with inflammation but general health and well being. An over loaded digestive system heavy with a diet of hydrogenated oils and fats, sugars and salt is not conductive to good health.

One of the best things we have found for inflammation is a turmeric and black pepper extract supplement. Both my wife and I have one a day which seems to help us with inflammation and it's accompanying joint pain. She has arthritis and I am just old but still very active.

Turmeric is an ancient remedy and combined with black pepper is more easily absorbed into the body. Again no miracles but it really seems to help.
That supplement ("R... Fac...) has Turmeric as it's primary ingredient. I tried it for 90 days and my stomach was not able to tolerate it as you had to take 3 packets of the pills per day....

That supplement ("R... Fac...) has Turmeric as it's primary ingredient. I tried it for 90 days and my stomach was not able to tolerate it as you had to take 3 packets of the pills per day....
We have tried a couple different ones that are just turmeric and peppercini. They say to have a couple a day but we just have one. Never had any issues. I guess it's not for everyone.

I'm avoid medication unless absolutely necessary.

Tumeric is good stuff.

HMB is also very good indirectly, it's a metabolite of leucene, it helps by keeping the body from becoming catabolic thus prevents muscle related tissue wasting, and in my experience helps me recover after over-doing it at work or lifting.

Collagen Peptides are also good and my Ma with collapsed discs, carpal tunnel and a bad hip can attest to, it gives the body the building blocks it needs for ligaments.

Finally Ginger is great for the gut and reduces inflammation.

I take HMB and a bunch of other supplements. I used it in intervals with my cardio and weight training to help reduce/mitigate muscle damage so there.is less mass loss during the workouts. Helps maintain strength and reduce recovery. I also stop taking it to help stimulate and build that same muscle by doing more damage. Usually in a 2 weeks on, 1 week off routine.

Great info, I'll have to look into it. Seems if a person took every supplement that was beneficial they would need a coal shovel to keep up.

Personally I will have a pill or two every once and a while. The only one I take regularly these days is the turmeric. Once I take on a decided yellow hue, I'll give it a rest.

Great info, I'll have to look into it. Seems if a person took every supplement that was beneficial they would need a coal shovel to keep up.

Personally I will have a pill or two every once and a while. The only one I take regularly these days is the turmeric. Once I take on a decided yellow hue, I'll give it a rest.
Most aren't needed. I don't take just anything. All of mine are either muscle, heart, or joint health related and/or insulin sensitivity related. Yes, it is a lot, lol

Rough list of what I take.
Triple Omega (3,6,9)
CoQ10
HMB
D Aspartic Acid
Boron complex
Magnesium complex
Potassium
Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Ceylon Cinnamon
Ashwagandha
Tongkat Ali
Taurine with bioperine
Nature's Own "Cholestoff"

Tongkat is good stuff. My T has always been low, but after hitting 30 it fell off a cliff.
I've basically taken every natural booster under the sun and that is one of the best, especially a good sense of well being booster.

So.

Tongkat 2 weeks on 2 off
Cistache 2 weeks on 2 off
Epicatechin
HMB
Huperzine A
Boron (12mg daily)
Vitamin D (1000) every other day
Vitamin A
B5/6/12
Magnesium every other day
Myo D-Chiro Inositol.
Whey or collagen peptides.

A lot to remember, but I feel better than my early 20's and I don't need to stick myself and shrink the webbos.

Tongkat is good stuff. My T has always been low, but after hitting 30 it fell off a cliff.
I've basically taken every natural booster under the sun and that is one of the best, especially a good sense of well being booster.

So.

Tongkat 2 weeks on 2 off
Cistache 2 weeks on 2 off
Epicatechin
HMB
Huperzine A
Boron (12mg daily)
Vitamin D (1000) every other day
Vitamin A
B5/6/12
Magnesium every other day
Myo D-Chiro Inositol.
Whey or collagen peptides.

A lot to remember, but I feel better than my early 20's and I don't need to stick myself and shrink the webbos.
Fairly similar. Is your magnesium a specific type or a complex? There are 8 different types ofmagnesium and they all do slightly differen things. Same with Boron. I don't tend to take much Vitamin B because it's naturally in a lot of the foods I eat, or added to most.

Back