Synthetic 2-Stroke oil, Is it worth using?

Is it not true that you have to retune the carb after installing a reed valve?

That is correct.
Every engine needs to have the air/fuel ratio optimised. I have not had one engine that has run optimally using the same jet size as a previous engine.

Bolting a carburettor on the engine (regardless of what type it might be) and hoping that it is jetted optimally with the factory installed jet or needle screw settings is an exercise in faith.

Then how was it "bad advice" for Max350 to say it's best not to mount a reed valve unless you know how to tune an engine?

I would of said that if you don't know how to tune a carb then read up on the subject before switching to a reed valve because the carburetor will need to be rejetted. But I don't think it's wise to risk offending someone because their advice is not perfect spot on.

Then how was it "bad advice" for Max350 to say it's best not to mount a reed valve unless you know how to tune an engine? I don't think it's wise to risk offending someone because their advice is not perfect spot on.

Jaguar, you make a good point.

I am now making a public apology to Mr max350 and will accept suitable punishment for my sins, even if it means being thrown naked into a blackberry bush, then being forced to jump up and down on a fire ant's nest.

I expected you to suggest some kind of punishment female related like having to live with your ex for a week. ha!
"hell is other people"

I expected you to suggest some kind of punishment female related like having to live with your ex for a week. ha!
"hell is other people"

I would not inflict "ANY" of my ex's on even my worst enemy; in fact water boarding would be more preferable than having to endure time spent in company with my ex girlfriends, even though they are all fairly attractive women, which makes them significantly worse than basic domestic Mk I versions that have serious attitude issues.

"hell is other people"

a little harsh wouldnt you say? I would be comfortable with a three stage carb. idle low and high. that is what im used to and what I would prefer and by vaccume carb I mean some kind of crazyness like I had on my honda v4 bike with 4 vaccume run carbs that had hoses running to the case. any leak would mess me all up. I like simple.

Back