Synthetic 2-Stroke oil, Is it worth using?

I am lucky enough to be scoring some free synthetic oil for now. but if my supply runs dry its back to the smokey cheepy oil. I just ran my shift kit for the first day and amongst my problems was the engine getting hotter than normal. I am putting a considerable amount more stress on it.

The shift kit allows you to keep the engine continuously loaded to maximum torque or power, by means of changing gears. In so doing, the performance of the bike will be improved and the engine will be working harder if you choose to push the engine to it's maximum.

I have a shift kit and my engine gets pushed all the time; never gets a moments rest. Having said that, i don't use high rpm; preferring to keep the engine spinning in the maximum torque band, which has the engine running a lot quieter and with significantly reduced vibration.

Under such conditions, the benefits of a proper billet cylinder head with generous cooling surface area becomes obvious.

Jaguar, you make a good point.

I am now making a public apology to Mr max350 and will accept suitable punishment for my sins, even if it means being thrown naked into a blackberry bush, then being forced to jump up and down on a fire ant's nest.

Apology accepted when you've put it out as a YOU TUBE clip

I am sorry Fabian but I have a motocross background where the engines are made to be rev'd to the limit and beyond.
But that is really bad for an imbalanced engine. I personally don't see how the normal vibrations from these engines don't bother the hell out of others. I guess I just like things to work right.
omg, it bothered the hell out of me. after a couple hours of riding, my hands hurt from the vibration.
on my next build, im getting the jaguar cdi and a light weight titanium wrist pin. it going to be the grubee 48cc.

Back