Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
Did a little cleaning in the garage and figured I'd take a shot my "vintage" project. I put the board track bike on the back burner to work on this machine. I'm slowly collecting parts and have been messing with the wood mock up mounts to get the engine where I like it but its starting to take shape. The frame appears to be 1920's or possibly older though many of the other parts have been replaced. The frame still retains some of its original paint and hasn't been sanded to preserve its natural patina. The wheels are quite large 26" 1949 sturmy archer 3 speed, incorrect for this frame but still cool. The engine is a 50cc belt drive with compression release. The cylinder will be machined so the cooling fins are cylindrical in shape and...
after looking at the chinese engine and trying to figure out how to put one on, i went with the GEBE. i was hoping to get a better pic of the lights in the dark but it didn't work out too well it's alot brighter in person.
The pics show the bike with and without the fenders. I kinda like it with them esp/with all the rain we've had this winter. Some heavy snow and mostly rain. Weird weather for this area. Global warming??? I tried to add some pics showing the modifications to the seatbut it didn't work. I'll try again later.
:) Hello All, I really had to rebuild my truck engine, so I haven't been able to work on the Flyer. Now that's all done here is the latest....fake gas tank is fiberglassed, Piaa light has been rebuilt, frame has been primed, and a local friend with a body shop supplied the black paint. Total cost so far...$175.00. motor, Comet clutch, all the rest was free. Now how to make it compete with the beautiful bikes that are on this site, I'll see what I can do, I hope I don't let anybody down. Scrollerguy
These are a couple of the motorized bikes I put together this summer. I think I'll have to break down pretty soon and put them away for the winter. I'm hoping for a few more days around 30 degrees so I can get a little more riding time in.
Well here's the fist look at my bike after the main paint is done. I am in the process of building an INDIAN beach cruizer. I have pics of my bike before at my website: www.flecksfortress.com If anyone wants to see those, I have been working on this project for about two years but after finishing the rear fender and new seat it kinda sat for maybe 9 months but now I am back at it full throtle and want to finish it soon. I am adding a 48v electric hub motor to the bike and lighting and the works this bike will be a real head turner when it is fully completed. . . BEFORE PIC: AFTER PAINT: You can see the speed controller is mounted under the seat that's for the hub motor. I also ordered some chrome forks to replace...
Hi, My names David and I'm new to this forum. My bike was an old Royce Union (K-Mart) Bike which was aluminum, being very light i stripped the whole surface of the bike and all its parts. I then took time in painting it Ford 1970's Green Tropicana with touch-up paint, as i wasn't an experienced painter i just painted as best as i could and hoped for the best I had bought my engine via an eBay seller and took time in putting it on, overcame many problems since my frame is thicker than anything anyone has ever seen. I went to the store and bought some wheels, tires, tubes, brakes, etc.., spending my time and money on the bike i was amazed at my progress, i had turned an old rusty k-mart bike into a crazy motorbike Too bad i...
Hi All, Here's some pics of the bike I built for my wife. It is a 80cc Kings kit / Micargi - Pantera Cruiser. I want to paint the tank later to match the bike. I just took it for a nice ride around the neighborhood. Was a blast. I am still working on mine, and hope to have it finished by the end of this weekend. My wife is looking forward to making some day trips together this spring when the weather warms up. I want to thank everyone for answering my questions and helping me with the build. You guys are awesome! I will post pics of mine when I'm finished. Also, I am photographing the whole process in case someone later wants to post it as a 'how to do this build' article. God Bless. Charlie :D
Well this bike is another replica using an original engine. It's a 1920 Evans Power Cycle. In the teens it was sold as a bicycle engine kit called"Cyclemotor" later was sold as a light weight motorcycle.I was given the engine kind of as a joke because it was in such bad shape. he thought of it more as a door stop. It took me a year just to get it apart. for its day it's a very tiny two stroke about 100cc I think rated at 1/2 horse. and it feels like 1/2 horse too. on level ground it might get up to 20 or 25. speed is best regulated by changing the spark advance. direct drive, no clutch. Pedal it to start the engine, and pull the compression release to stop.
Back