125 shifter scooter

125 cc 2stroke shifter scooter. not much to say, besides this thing is LOOONNG. will post pics as a i go
IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg

1667829028721.jpeg

this is the bare frame. it has recieved some reinforcements, and it has been welded together. an engine mount is being made up.
i might paint this one white, not the regular orange and grey w/ blue accents. and im gonna use some helicopter engine mounts to issolate vibration. thats about as far as ive thought into this. the drive is hard to explain, so ill build it and show pictures instead!

View attachment 182522

this is the bare frame. it has recieved some reinforcements, and it has been welded together. an engine mount is being made up.
i might paint this one white, not the regular orange and grey w/ blue accents. and im gonna use some helicopter engine mounts to issolate vibration. thats about as far as ive thought into this. the drive is hard to explain, so ill build it and show pictures instead!
I think the shifter would be hard to explain.:ROFLMAO:
Always draw out your builds, just crudely is fine, then you want forget a part and have to back track or grind something off. BTDT.

Looks like you're going to need some kind of shield between the exhaust and your leg.
Lol I think he/she is going to need wheelie bars & a Helmut first. More than a heat sheild!!!🤣😂🤣 That thing is going to be a screamer!!! Its going to need a big expansion chamber thou, to really make it look its part.

Lol I think he/she is going to need wheelie bars & a Helmut first. More than a heat sheild!!!🤣😂🤣 That thing is going to be a screamer!!! Its going to need a big expansion chamber thou, to really make it look its part.
he

i might steal the chamber and muffler of some cr125 but the issue is noise. the stock exhaust is surprisingly quiet, i kinda like that
there is a homade guard, made form expanded metal. but it prolly wont be the best
i have a fair amount of space between the muff, and my legs, but incase of a wheelie over, idk. burns are self cauterizing...
i was thnking about moving the muffler, to under the vehicle, but that i think it will change the tune, due to the 10 in long pipe required. i dont wanna ruin the tune on this engine, since it runs so nice. if it were some tempramental tecumseh, maybe, but this thing is so perfect. i could make a longer intake runner to combat that.
last thing is, the chain shouldnt break, since it is doesnt take torque to turn a small wheel, but if the rpms are too high, and the derailer gets excited, the chain could possibly come off and wreck everything. due to thee bike chain, im probably gonna drive this one easier, and try to prevent wheelies

he

i might steal the chamber and muffler of some cr125 but the issue is noise. the stock exhaust is surprisingly quiet, i kinda like that
there is a homade guard, made form expanded metal. but it prolly wont be the best
i have a fair amount of space between the muff, and my legs, but incase of a wheelie over, idk. burns are self cauterizing...
i was thnking about moving the muffler, to under the vehicle, but that i think it will change the tune, due to the 10 in long pipe required. i dont wanna ruin the tune on this engine, since it runs so nice. if it were some tempramental tecumseh, maybe, but this thing is so perfect. i could make a longer intake runner to combat that.
last thing is, the chain shouldnt break, since it is doesnt take torque to turn a small wheel, but if the rpms are too high, and the derailer gets excited, the chain could possibly come off and wreck everything. due to thee bike chain, im probably gonna drive this one easier, and try to prevent wheelies
Put your stock muffler on the end of the expansion chamber.

Put your stock muffler on the end of the expansion chamber.
that muffler is an expansion chamber also. it has almost no baffling, just a complex series of stacked chambers that neck down to the output. it is an incredible design. do you think about a long 10 inch pipe feeding it would cause issues with tune? it would be like making a longer input, on a regular conical pipe

Got some work done, chain tensioner figured out, fender bent up and painted, front forks painted, gas tank mount bent up, and painted. i need to strap the uprights to the tank via big zip tie, or jb weld, to prevent the tank from wobbling when full of gas (heavy as heck) and engine is vibrating, as well as paint em black. Center jackshaft is being made, and needs to be heat treated to prevent failure. i need a bigger blast cabinet to pull the rust off the frame, or run it with the door open, and deal with the monumental mess created (this was done once before by accident due to stupid opperatror)

Back