196cc on Schwinn Meridian

I just want to get it up and running. It just might be all I need stock.
Ha ha, what happened to the stock carb? With a 40 main and a 140 emulsion tube it will do 40, which is too fast anyway. The carb you have on there now is just a guessing game as to which jets you need, the stock ones have been run in the cart world for awhile now.
Depending on which stock throttle system you have, they are rather simple to connect to your grip.

Ha ha, what happened to the stock carb? With a 40 main and a 140 emulsion tube it will do 40, which is too fast anyway. The carb you have on there now is just a guessing game as to which jets you need, the stock ones have been run in the cart world for awhile now.
Depending on which stock throttle system you have, they are rather simple to connect to your grip.
I have the stock carb. The guy that I got the engine from suggested the Mikuni because that's what he had on it. He used it on his replacement engine.

Did you pull the old flywheel off yet? Is your case predrilled for the stator?
Well I took the flywheel off and yes it is predrilled. But I have the wrong starter kit. Anybody need one? The replacement flywheel is too big and the starter has a different bolt pattern

Well I got the electric start kit all hooked up. Once I get the throttle cable and my sprocket figured out I should be on the road!

IMG_20220609_141413.jpg

Working on figuring out how to make this the start button but still dependent on the key to being in the on position. Ideas?

IMG_20220609_143551.jpg

Working on figuring out how to make this the start button but still dependent on the key to being in the on position. Ideas?

View attachment 176345
Are you wanting to use that button as a engine start button? If so you will have to use a relay & wire switch in on the ground side of the relay. That kill button wont hold the voltage or amperage to use it on the power side of relay for engine start.

Are you wanting to use that button as a engine start button? If so you will have to use a relay & wire switch in on the ground side of the relay. That kill button wont hold the voltage or amperage to use it on the power side of relay for engine start.
I wanted to use it because I had it already. It came with the twist throttle kit. I can buy something better. Any suggestions?

I wanted to use it because I had it already. It came with the twist throttle kit. I can buy something better. Any suggestions?
If it was me, I would buy a push button momentary starter switch. That type of switch I'm talking about, will carry the volts & amps you need & would only have to run 2 wires then to switched side of starter solenoid.

Back