Throttle cable?

This cable just is long enough. I have all possible slack dialed out on both ends. It’s 60mm past the sheath end

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 147
Chainlube suggested this earlier… you can carefully cut the spring wire sheath to expose more cable.
Make a mark or wrap tape where you want the cut. Pull the silver end cap down out the way. Cut some of the black plastic outer case off to expose the metal sheath. Then use a dremel and make a cross cut on that wire. Go in small steps. The last little bit you can pop it off. Thing is you can not cut or fray the inner cable.
You’ll probably have to unroll the cut piece off because the cable end will not let it slide off.

It's definitely too short. It's got to go through the compressed spring and then down inside the carbView attachment 176119View attachment 176120
You can check it by slipping the slide over the end of the cable and into the cap, if the end of the cable touches the inside of the slide, it will probably fit. Make sure everything is screw together fully first.

You can check it by slipping the slide over the end of the cable and into the cap, if the end of the cable touches the inside of the slide, it will probably fit. Make sure everything is screw together fully first.
It's too short. I didn't know this was going to be so hard

It's too short. I didn't know this was going to be so hard
Nothing is super simple when you're doing a one off, and anything good always takes some effort.

You'll have to shorten the casing, the easy way is to cut the outer rubber/vinyl part back 1/2" after you pop off the metal feral, then uncoil the inner casing to your mark. Snip it off and file it back, then replace the feral and try it again, might take a couple tries but you'll get it.

The easy route, stock carb, I had to bend a new actuator rod (say old spoke). Pic#2 full throttle.

Attachments

• 20220603_194803.jpg
    20220603_194803.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20220603_195011.jpg
    20220603_195011.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 128
Back