2006 whizzer pacemaker 2 questions

This is how I constantly monitor cylinder head temperature. If you haven't, you really have no idea what your engine is doing. Sure, you may have a lot of miles but that doesn't mean you're not constantly exceeding 375 degrees on even a slight incline or hill.

Skeezer
Whatever dude, I know my engine is bullet proof (y) How about yours?
If your worried about your temps then somethings wrong with your NE-5
You should be able to ride all day and not worry about it.

Show us a pic of how ya mounted this sensor,
What do you do, stop riding when it says your too hot? :ROFLMAO:

How hot does it say your engine gets?
What happens to your bike when it gets too hot and does it happen often?

This is how I constantly monitor cylinder head temperature. If you haven't, you really have no idea what your engine is doing. Sure, you may have a lot of miles but that doesn't mean you're not constantly exceeding 375 degrees on even a slight incline or hill.

Skeezer
I tested my Whizzer in real life conditions 100*F and over heat all one summer. Just to see if she could take it and she did just fine
Sure she got hot, but Bullet Proof she is (y)
A heat sensor ain't gonna do me no good.

How does a Heat Sensor help you?

I tested my Whizzer in real life conditions 100*F and over heat all one summer. Just to see if she could take it and she did just fine
Sure she got hot, but Bullet Proof she is (y)
A heat sensor ain't gonna do me no good.

How does a Heat Sensor help you?
Why so hostile? I just want to know how my engines perform. I have 2 2005s and one is easily overheated while the other is not. I know this because I monitor cylinder head temperature constantly so I know when to ride at 20 mph to cool things down. I guess I have more interest in my engines then you do.

Skeezer

Why so hostile? I just want to know how my engines perform. I have 2 2005s and one is easily overheated while the other is not. I know this because I monitor cylinder head temperature constantly so I know when to ride at 20 mph to cool things down. I guess I have more interest in my engines then you do.

Skeezer
Didn't mean to come across rude, Sorry
I just think it's wrong to suggest to a new Whizzer owner that monitoring a Whizzers Cyl head temps is something that should be done and worried about. Actually the NE-5 head from 2005 to 2007 is he best stock Whizzer Head

If ya want to baby your engine that's OK with me. It don't mean ya care more about your engine's than I do.
With more time and more investigation into your hot running Engine you'll figure it out.
Heat has never been my concern to me in the 16 years I've owned my Whizzer - Engine Clearance Specifications were important

I bought my Whizzer new in 2005 and have had all the problems and probably a few new ones too a Whizzers will have.
I've made all the upgrades and even made a few of my own. I've ran all the different heads from Whizzer and a few of the High fin High Compression Heads from, Westman and Quenton. I know what these Whizzers can do using the stock valves.
It's always was my goal to have a dependable running Whizzer. It takes Love to accomplish that and I have. She's a keeper
The key is to having all the specs correct - Valve train, Ring End Gap, Cyl Boar, Head, Cyl, Case Deck flatness etc.
Sadly Taiwan didn't pay attention to the fine tuning of clearance specifications. (Taiwan - Specifications - Close Enough is Good enough) :ROFLMAO:
I had specification issues with the Aluminum Cyls from Taiwan,
Buying the Westman Cyls was a great advantage to me, because I hone the cyl boar to fit the piston. file the ring end gaps, knock in and ream the valve guides, grind the valves and valve seats, You get the Idea There are things that should be done to the case too.
Like, Crankshaft End Play, (Make my own end play shims for each side of the crank) Air oil passage tube and a breather system (Mine is unique) Quality bearings, Which LH side cover to use and Why. I care about my Whizzer and I do things my way.
I could continue to tell ya about the basic mods and more stuff for a Whizzer but not today.
I'm sure you get info from Whizzer City and reading the past threads from MotoredBikes.com (y)

A big thank you goes to Quenton Guenther He installed a hardened shaft on 3 of my Auto Clutch drums
I won't even go into the Auto Clutch and tell ya how I redesigned mine (It's Unique)
Ya gotta touch everything on that Whizzer if ya want it to be bullet proof

I understand your beware warning to the new Whizzer buyer. (y) Yes ya gotta be mechanically inclined With a little love it can be a great Ride.
To a new Whizzer owner who is not mechanically inclined I suggest they send their engine to @Quenton Guenther for repairs

Hope ya don't take this as hostile.

Last edited:
I just want to know how my engines perform. I have 2 2005s and one is easily overheated while the other is not. I know this because I monitor cylinder head temperature constantly so I know when to ride at 20 mph to cool things down.

Skeezer
Maybe it's something simple, Could be your engine is running lean. What color is your S/P. Maybe your carb main jet is too small or the needle clip is in the wrong position.

Beautiful bike! Worthy of parking in the living room! That being said, my wife would hang me by my fingernails for a month if I spent $1400 on a bike! Thank Gosh they make Cranbrooks and old MTBs!

Didn't mean to come across rude, Sorry
I just think it's wrong to suggest to a new Whizzer owner that monitoring a Whizzers Cyl head temps is something that should be done and worried about. Actually the NE-5 head from 2005 to 2007 is he best stock Whizzer Head

If ya want to baby your engine that's OK with me. It don't mean ya care more about your engine's than I do.
With more time and more investigation into your hot running Engine you'll figure it out.
Heat has never been my concern to me in the 16 years I've owned my Whizzer - Engine Clearance Specifications were important

I bought my Whizzer new in 2005 and have had all the problems and probably a few new ones too a Whizzers will have.
I've made all the upgrades and even made a few of my own. I've ran all the different heads from Whizzer and a few of the High fin High Compression Heads from, Westman and Quenton. I know what these Whizzers can do using the stock valves.
It's always was my goal to have a dependable running Whizzer. It takes Love to accomplish that and I have. She's a keeper
The key is to having all the specs correct - Valve train, Ring End Gap, Cyl Boar, Head, Cyl, Case Deck flatness etc.
Sadly Taiwan didn't pay attention to the fine tuning of clearance specifications. (Taiwan - Specifications - Close Enough is Good enough) :ROFLMAO:
I had specification issues with the Aluminum Cyls from Taiwan,
Buying the Westman Cyls was a great advantage to me, because I hone the cyl boar to fit the piston. file the ring end gaps, knock in and ream the valve guides, grind the valves and valve seats, You get the Idea There are things that should be done to the case too.
Like, Crankshaft End Play, (Make my own end play shims for each side of the crank) Air oil passage tube and a breather system (Mine is unique) Quality bearings, Which LH side cover to use and Why. I care about my Whizzer and I do things my way.
I could continue to tell ya about the basic mods and more stuff for a Whizzer but not today.
I'm sure you get info from Whizzer City and reading the past threads from MotoredBikes.com (y)

A big thank you goes to Quenton Guenther He installed a hardened shaft on 3 of my Auto Clutch drums
I won't even go into the Auto Clutch and tell ya how I redesigned mine (It's Unique)
Ya gotta touch everything on that Whizzer if ya want it to be bullet proof

I understand your beware warning to the new Whizzer buyer. (y) Yes ya gotta be mechanically inclined With a little love it can be a great Ride.
To a new Whizzer owner who is not mechanically inclined I suggest they send their engine to @Quenton Guenther for repairs

Hope ya don't take this as hostile.
Let's get back on the right foot.

The original poster said he had zero experience working on bikes or cars. For that sole reason, I suggested he steer clear of Whizzers. You yourself said "ya gotta be mechanically inclined". The original poster is not, yet. You sound very experienced. I recommend you purchase a digital cylinder head temp gauge. I think you'd be interested in it's feedback.

Skeezer

Let's get back on the right foot.

The original poster said he had zero experience working on bikes or cars. For that sole reason, I suggested he steer clear of Whizzers. You yourself said "ya gotta be mechanically inclined". The original poster is not, yet. You sound very experienced. I recommend you purchase a digital cylinder head temp gauge. I think you'd be interested in it's feedback.

Skeezer

No thanks, I don't want to chase heat Gremlins
I explained my experiences with you in hopes to show ya you shouldn't be worried about heat and have to change your riding habits In order to bring your temps down. The solution to cyl head heat has always been High Fin Heads
But now I'm using the short fin Block Head and a cast iron Cyl and I tried to melt it down and I can't.
Now that Cyl and head combo has 10K miles on it and my Whizer runs just as strong as she ever has.

When I read your post you sounded frustrated and worried with your problem of monitoring Cly head temps heat
Then you say you ride at 20 mph in order to bring your temps down. To me this says ya have a problem.
My intentions are to help not to be hostile.

Do ya mind answering a few Questions?
How hot is you engine getting?
Do you have mechanical problems when she gets hot?

I would like to ask you more questions about your engine in order to help you.
Like I was explaining Taiwan Clearances and specs are not that close and If I can help you to narrow down an issue I will

We can start another thread about your heat issue if ya like?

No thanks, I don't want to chase heat Gremlins
I explained my experiences with you in hopes to show ya you shouldn't be worried about heat and have to change your riding habits In order to bring your temps down. The solution to cyl head heat has always been High Fin Heads
But now I'm using the short fin Block Head and a cast iron Cyl and I tried to melt it down and I can't.
Now that Cyl and head combo has 10K miles on it and my Whizer runs just as strong as she ever has.

When I read your post you sounded frustrated and worried with your problem of monitoring Cly head temps heat
Then you say you ride at 20 mph in order to bring your temps down. To me this says ya have a problem.
My intentions are to help not to be hostile.

Do ya mind answering a few Questions?
How hot is you engine getting?
Do you have mechanical problems when she gets hot?

I would like to ask you more questions about your engine in order to help you.
Like I was explaining Taiwan Clearances and specs are not that close and If I can help you to narrow down an issue I will

We can start another thread about your heat issue if ya like?
Thanks for your offer to help but I don't really need any. I'm not having heat issues but I am just aware what my head temp runs at and I ride accordingly. Both my bikes are 2005s and both have had the same modifications, (advanced cam, mushroom lifters, Dupli-color ceramic on the cylinder exterior as per Quenton, and the heads were cleaned up as per him. They had distinctly different heads. One, I can ride all day long and keep her under 375 save for long steep inclines. The other gets hotter easier but it's manageable BECAUSE I know what the head temps are at all times and I know how to ride them to get the temps down. Example, did you know the engine temp drops 30 degrees within one minute of turning the engine off? I wonder how long it takes a guy to get his heat gun.
Anyways, nope, I don't need any help but I DO stand behind my advice for a novice with no mechanical experience to steer clear of Taiwanese Whizzers.

Skeezer

Thanks for your offer to help but I don't really need any. I'm not having heat issues but I am just aware what my head temp runs at and I ride accordingly. Both my bikes are 2005s and both have had the same modifications, (advanced cam, mushroom lifters, Dupli-color ceramic on the cylinder exterior as per Quenton, and the heads were cleaned up as per him. They had distinctly different heads. One, I can ride all day long and keep her under 375 save for long steep inclines. The other gets hotter easier but it's manageable BECAUSE I know what the head temps are at all times and I know how to ride them to get the temps down. Example, did you know the engine temp drops 30 degrees within one minute of turning the engine off? I wonder how long it takes a guy to get his heat gun.
Anyways, nope, I don't need any help but I DO stand behind my advice for a novice with no mechanical experience to steer clear of Taiwanese Whizzers.

Skeezer

OK different heads on each bike that explains the temp differences between the two bikes
But ya still shouldn't tell people that the NE-5 head temps should be monitored. That's your personal preference with no proven gain.
In your post ya made it seem like the NE-5 had cyl head temp problems that was affecting the operation of the engine.

Did you know that advancing the cam one tooth counterclockwise just puts the cam back in the stock position.
Whizzer USA had the cam stamped one tooth retarded on purpose and put a restrictor in the intake so Whizzer USA could sell the bikes in USA to meet most state laws legally also the EPA emission laws
Whizzer is on the books as only having 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 MPH :ROFLMAO: Whizzer could prove it with the stamped cam dot
This lets the bike be registered as a Motorbicycle or Moped that has 2HP or under and a top speed of 30MPH in most all states.
We all know the Whizzer really is 4.5HP and will easily reach 40mph or faster with mods (y)
I think it's pretty cool how Whizzer USA got around the laws for us Whizzer Lovers (y)

I see your bikes had some stuff done As the years go by and your NE-5s needs some love I hope you discover the other improvements that can be made. Keep one wheel on the ground and the shiny side up
ALOHA Wrench

Last edited:
Back