2010 East Coast Rally at Cape Henlopen (Lewes) Delaware

More event t-shirt thoughts

I was just looking at the design again, and do you think I should put Lewes Motorbike Gang in quotation marks? It would be "Lewes Motorbike Gang", which lends more of a tongue-in-cheek flavor to it. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
We're getting some plans afoot here regarding the rally, and Jay was talking about possibly leading a ride into Rehoboth. I was talking about a park ride with stops for photographs at points of interest, including the "Point", the fishing pier, the observation tower, Fort Miles, Battery Herring (extreme southern end of the park) and more. A lunch run into Lewes (Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant) is in the works too.
Here's a new proof for the T-shirt as well.

Attachments

• RallyShirt4.JPG
    RallyShirt4.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 206
We're getting some plans afoot here regarding the rally, and Jay was talking about possibly leading a ride into Rehoboth. I was talking about a park ride with stops for photographs at points of interest, including the "Point", the fishing pier, the observation tower, Fort Miles, Battery Herring (extreme southern end of the park) and more. A lunch run into Lewes (Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant) is in the works too.
Here's a new proof for the T-shirt as well.

I have biked quite a lot in the Lewes area and know it quite well. Rehoboth is an interesting destination, but the ride is kind of short and has lots of traffic and congestion.

An alternative is to ride north by back roads to Slaughter Beach and the Prime Hook National Wildlife Reserve. Very pretty, very little traffic, lots of straightaways for fast riding. It would be about 70 miles round trip from Cape Henlopen or less from the Red Mill.

If there is any interest,I could provide cue sheets for the ride and also lead it.

Hey Guys, I haven't talked to you all in awhile due to some health issued, but as of a few months ago I have been doing alot better & have been doing alot more riding latley. In fact my wife & I have just got home from a 3 day & 2 night ride. We left my house here in Millersburg Pa & rode through Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, Lancaster etc. We had a blast & no issues with the bikes. Anyway, I really wanted to go on this ride In De last year, but I couldn't as I had started chemotherepy just after. It would be really great to meet all you guys that I have been talking to online & over the phone over the past years. Is everyone staying at the Red Leaf Inn? I hope to see you all in September!! Thanks, Dan Troutman

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, I haven't talked to you all in awhile due to some health issued, but as of a few months ago I have been doing alot better & have been doing alot more riding latley. In fact my wife & I have just got home from a 3 day & 2 night ride. We left my house here in Millersburg Pa & rode through Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, Lancaster etc. We had a blast & no issues with the bikes. Anyway, I really wanted to go on this ride In De last year, but I couldn't as I had started chemotherepy just after. It would be really great to meet all you guys that I have been talking to online & over the phone over the past years. Is everyone staying at the Red Leaf Inn? I hope to see you all in September!! Thanks, Dan Troutman

Dan, I'm sorry to hear that you were having health issues and I'm glad to hear you're doing a lot better. I sincerely hope the trend continues that way.
I'll be looking forward to meeting you at Cape Henlopen! Many of us will be staying at the Red Mill Inn. I presume you'll be booking a room there as well?

Rally T-Shirts

Okay, here is the scoop on the event T-shirt. I need to order them quite soon, so I'm now taking orders for them. I'd prefer the orders to be prepaid, so if anyone is interested in a shirt please PM me for my e-mail to pay by PayPal.
The anticipated shipping costs (to me) were a little higher than I expected, so the prices of the shirts are a wee bit higher than I anticipated. If you are attending the rally, I can deliver these to you there. If you're not attending and would like me to ship it, shipping would cost $4.95 (Priority Mail flat-rate box).
Sizes M through XL are $16, XXL is $19. I would need your orders to be placed by Sunday (8/22). The finalized design is below.

Attachments

• RallyShirt4.JPG
    RallyShirt4.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Back