2stroke mini dirtbike wont idle

Wavyjay76

Local time
8:46 AM
So i have a 2017 coolster qg50 mini dirtbike and i recently just got everything fixed up on it and want to ride now but everytime i start the bike its revving to high engaging the centrifugal clutch which i took my chain off for safety measures and it would just be revving a little to hight so i would mess with my idle screw and it would calm it down but it would just sound good and cut off after 2 seconds or when i move my choke up it calms it down but it doesnt run and when i put it halfway it revs high or etheir cuts off i haven't tried choke all the way down cause the lower the choke the more crazy and high revs the engine gets and its already revving high so im thinking since its cutting off maybe its not getting gas or lean or something but i check the plug and its all wet and gassy so i cant be lean but yet it doesnt want to idle i cleaned the carbs 2 times and everything is clean it will stay on only if its revving high but the problem is its way to high and i mainly try starting it on half choke and it revs high and dies. Sometimes bogs so i would turn the idle screw inward some it stops bogging but still revs high so im confused been messing with the idle screw and choke but i cant seem to figure it out with this bike its acting like etheir let me rev high or its cutting off any ideas?

Id check your cable, make sure it's installed in the carb properly and that the slide is moving freely in the carb and is not getting hung up. You're definately sucking air in from somewhere, whether it be a leak or the throttle sticking open.

What kind of carb is this? Is it a diaphragm carb or does it have a float bowl?

Id check your cable, make sure it's installed in the carb properly and that the slide is moving freely in the carb and is not getting hung up. You're definately sucking air in from somewhere, whether it be a leak or the throttle sticking open.
The slide moves freely just fine and has amazing snap back so it should be on properly right?? And if you think i have a airleak somewhere how would i check for that never done that before so how would i diagnose for that?

What kind of carb is this? Is it a diaphragm carb or does it have a float bowl?
It has a float and a float bowl yes not sure what kind of carb it is exactly but its a single adjustment chinese carb for a 49cc 2stroke dirtbike

If you spray carb cleaner around the intake and crank seals you'll know is leaking if the rpm changes. Don't spray directly into the carb tho. Just around seals and gasket areas

You say the only adjustments your playing with are the idle and the choke. Is there an air/fuel mixture screw on the carb at all? No mention of that. Any pics of the carb showing both sides?

Ill send you guys pictures of the carb

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-08.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-08.png
    517 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-12.png
    554.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-04.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-16-04.png
    426.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-15-58.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-17-15-58.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 110
Its a single adjustment meaning that 1 screw is for air fuel and idle thats the only screw and its a single jet carb

Back