3 Liter gas tank

wan37

Local time
3:50 PM
I need to raise the bottom end of the tank for petcock to work right . Also I can get more gas in it. I just want to know what to use to raise the end at petcock? Any ideas, look at picture of it. I got a regular petcock and a angled one. Picture show angled one. If I aleast raise it so i can get the fuel line to go between the two frame bars . That would be great. I have a piece of old inter tube under there now to keep it from moving. Idea’s any ? It has to be back for triple tree forks steering.

Attachments

• 824FF2B4-9DC7-4C8E-826E-C4F51D559934.jpeg
    824FF2B4-9DC7-4C8E-826E-C4F51D559934.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
You can try a washer to angle it out a little to make room between the nipple and the frame. Would a petcock with a straight outlet help?

I would weld part of a pipe on the frame. If you cut a pipe in half the long way and added a 3 inch section to the top of the frame it should help, you need a pipe with same dimensions as the top tube (1”?).

Another thing we’ve done is to weld gusseted brackets to the top of the frame for tank mount.

I’ve seen tank mount which is a plate that would also raise the tank.

I need to raise the bottom end of the tank for petcock to work right . Also I can get more gas in it. I just want to know what to use to raise the end at petcock? Any ideas, look at picture of it. I got a regular petcock and a angled one. Picture show angled one. If I aleast raise it so i can get the fuel line to go between the two frame bars . That would be great. I have a piece of old inter tube under there now to keep it from moving. Idea’s any ? It has to be back for triple tree forks steering.
Short from shimming up the gas tank to make that 90* petcock that ya got work.
All's I can think of is to use an inline petcock that ya can mount to the frame somewhere.
But now you would have to figure out how to hook the fuel line to the gas tank.

Attachments

• DSCF2714.JPG
    DSCF2714.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 237
Another thing I have seen done before to make room, is to dimple the frame tube where the petcock is hitting.
The fast way to do this is to get a 1" pipe and wack it with a hammer against the frame where ya want the dimple.
The proper way to dimple the frame would be with some type of homemade clamp jig.

I'm thinking a smaller kit tank size ones might go right between the two piece frame. Does any one know? I had one but it was in bad condition. I got rid of it. I just thought when I ordered this one I'd have to fuel up less. I'm not good at welding but dad is a black smith. He should be able to do something, like dimple or weld a bracket just hate asking him. He does a lot of shoeing horses right now.

A 2" steel fuel line and two brass fittings should do the trick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-FUEL...982403?hash=item58a5c08fc3:g:SGwAAOSwcldUZ3gJ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-5-Pa...272210?hash=item548546f292:g:XdoAAOSw03lY5Zd0

Is your tank's threading male or female?

If there's no room for the straight fuel line, use brass elbows.

Or bend the steel line to clear the frame.

In any case, maybe you should run your fuel line between the top tubes,
left side of the frame.

Your fuel line looks VERY close to your pipe.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A 2" steel fuel line and two brass fittings should do the trick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-FUEL...982403?hash=item58a5c08fc3:g:SGwAAOSwcldUZ3gJ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-5-Pa...272210?hash=item548546f292:g:XdoAAOSw03lY5Zd0

Is your tank's threading male or female?

If there's no room for the straight fuel line, use brass elbows.

Or bend the steel line to clear the frame.

In any case, maybe you should run your fuel line between the top tubes,
left side of the frame.

Your fuel line looks VERY close to your pipe.
yes its on the exhaust I just put the exhaust on. That's why I'm asking, haven't started it up yet. the couplers are the right one's. thanks

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back