4 G 5/8 keyed shaft

dougsr.874

Local time
11:34 AM
Does the clutch bell spin on the brass bushing, or does the clutch bell & brass bushing spin on the engine shaft.....problem is that clutch seems to always be engaged....kills engine when run off of jackstand..

I have the foggiest clue but my initial though is that the bell should be spinning separate from the shaft. This sounds like something is stuck, maybe taking it apart carefully and greasing/oiling would be in order, then reassembly.

Guess I asked the question wrong....so here goes again...when the engine is at idle and the bell should NOT be turning...is the oil lite bushing turning but Not the clutch bell..

Guess I asked the question wrong....so here goes again...when the engine is at idle and the bell should NOT be turning...is the oil lite bushing turning but Not the clutch bell..
The bushing is turning either relative to the bell or to the shaft, either way the bushing does what a bushing does, it might be more likely to spin with the shaft if the keyed portion runs through the bushing and leaves an edge to catch it. Generally whatever is providing the least friction will end up be the primary surface the bushing will rotate along, that being said for the least wear and tear you'll want it to spin with the shaft to keep the bushing in its best shape.

Back