47mm steel sleeve cylinder ring help

I would try to find the chrome faced ring's but you can try the steel it's up to you!

Are the ones on our pistons steel or cast iron lol now i am confused.
Ok, i tried to bend a ring and it just snapped.
Tha lady from hastings pistons said it will work as long as it is not steel rings on steel sleeve.
So, I'm thinking as long as we have the cast iron rings, that should be good?
I rarely go over 33mph anymore and usually just cruise along at 27-28mph lol i poke along :)

Do you think with the cast iron rings and the steel sleeve that i can achieve a little longer life out of these engines?

Where do we order these chrome faced rings @ 47mm ?

:cool:

Ride Safe!

HP

Very nice. Just guessing i bet the cast iron rings and steel sleeve would last a really really long time. Chrome rings and steel sleeve could potentially last a lifetime. No matter what after enough heat up and cool downs the piston will become aged and brittle.

Are the ones on our pistons steel or cast iron lol now i am confused.
Ok, i tried to bend a ring and it just snapped.
Tha lady from hastings pistons said it will work as long as it is not steel rings on steel sleeve.
So, I'm thinking as long as we have the cast iron rings, that should be good?
I rarely go over 33mph anymore and usually just cruise along at 27-28mph lol i poke along :)

Do you think with the cast iron rings and the steel sleeve that i can achieve a little longer life out of these engines?

Where do we order these chrome faced rings @ 47mm ?

:cool:

Ride Safe!

HP
Yeah sorry I meant the cast iron,There are many places to find these, again it's up to you where you get them from.http://www.scooter-works.co.uk/naraku-70cc-big-bore-piston-ring-kit-minarelli-50cc.html

New message from: bgf-motor (2,482)

just use regular rings is fine. no need special rings. the bore is made of steel

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So, Cast iron rings or the chrome faced rings, that is the question :p

I'm going to go for the old reliable cast iron rings first off.
Then gonna get another steel sleved cylinder to put on the other engine and try the chrome faced rings with that.

I hope ya'll get good results!

Ride Safe!

HP

Back