47mm steel sleeve cylinder ring help

Having a hard time finding anything 2mm thick. Remember reading about a Hoca 47mm piston and think it uses 1mm rings. Have to do some digging for more info. I'll use the cast rings if it comes to that but would rather run the chrome faced.

Same Same.

I find the 1.5mm thick rings but no 2mm
I'll try to get ahold of some of these places to see if they even have 2mm thick rings.
I reckon the chrome faced will just have less resistance? Smoother flow, so to speak?

I'll keep diggin and if i find anything i'll post back here.

Ride Safe!

HP

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Think I did run across chrome faced for the pw80....
The rings for that engine kept popping up during my searching but didn't find specs.

Well keep me posted little Brother..Please.

Ya'll here are some remarkable people.
Thanks for being here and contributing.

Ride Safe!

HP

I had a pw80 when I was 15 until a car crashed into me it still ran but the front tire was destroyed. That’s an idea pw80 engine on a bike with suicide shift. They are semi auto 3 speeds.

The cdi from the pw 80 is one of the best suited ones to our engines JS.
Damn you lol!

I emailed Wiseco and Dennis Kirk along with a few questions on Amazon. Wiseco seems promising, their 1850cd is chrome faced, 47mm and one site said 2mm thick. That's the ring for the pw80. Just waiting for confirmation on size and shape.

Also got the cylinder today. Transfer ports are a wedge shape and the sleeve over hangs all the ports but I've seen worse. Going to grind the bottom to see if it is steel or iron tomorrow. Looks steel but you never can be positive.

Back