6.5hp push trailer....version 1.0

We have so many push trailers now... I think we could use our own push trailer forum... they have them for rack mounted and frame mounted bikes... why not for us?
Maybe one thread with all the push trailer pics posted in it....to gauge interest.

How many trailers are there
bikeman6969
macarollo
znsaneryder + bro
gen3benz

Any more?

Last edited:
SensationPDX built a 49cc trailer last year, and has several videos of it on youtube. His trailer was one of the ones that helped to motivate me on building mine.

Link to his trailer thread: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8305&page=1

Also S_beaudry made a very nice two-wheel 6.5HP Briggs & Stratton trailer.

Attachments

• spdxtrlr.jpg
    spdxtrlr.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 651
  • s_beaudrytrrl.jpg
    s_beaudrytrrl.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:
Rgvkid
5-7HEAVEN
I think these two have or are building push trailers...

I also heard duivendyk REALLY loves push trailers and he is in the process of building a 13hp push trailer ;)

Rgvkid
5-7HEAVEN
I think these two have or are building push trailers...

I also heard duivendyk REALLY loves push trailers and he is in the process of building a 13hp push trailer ;)

ROFLMAO!!!

I also heard it's getting 49cc engraved into the pull-start cover.

The trailers sure are getting popular. :devilish:

Just found Znsane's Big engine club thread.
I'll make sure to post pics of mine after I do a couple updates.

First time I have seen bikeman's 196cc frame mounted build....nice!
Also impressed by Motormaker's 5.5 trike.....with the rear bike wheel replaced with 2 fat tires....brilliant!

Last edited:
Hey, I believe I must live in the center of the Motorized Bike world. Gen3Benz, lives right behind me. I just saw Version 2.0 of his 6.5 HP pusher. Awesome!

One comment, I just thought of this AM. could you mount a top on it so that it can A) carry chicks, or B)more reasonably carry stuff like groceries and other cargo (would you call it motorbikego since there is no car)

Version 2.0

Gen3Benz, how's the progress on your replacement tire?
Got a new tire on....decided to build a new chassis:D
This frame is not much heavier, used c-channel instead of plate for engine/push bar mounting.
I wanted a stand in the back to hold the rear tire off the ground...for easy starting.
I had notched the old frame(instead of spacing it up) for the JS to clear....it weakened...causing the frame rail to bend with the stand attached.
So instead of making it stronger I just built another one.
There are a couple pieces of round tube welded inside the tube in the back for the a-frame to slide into....angled the tube also to make up for the arc.
Going to build a holder for the a-frame onto the push bar.
If you notice the holes cut into the tube to access the pillow bearing mounting nuts....
Version 3.0 will have the holes on the side so I can weld the nuts instead :D
DSCN5470.jpg

DSCN5471.jpg

DSCN5472.jpg

One comment, I just thought of this AM. could you mount a top on it so that it can A) carry chicks, or B)more reasonably carry stuff like groceries and other cargo (would you call it motorbikego since there is no car)
My boss just told me to mount a seat on it too....how funny.
I was definitely going to mount a crate or something to it to carry stuff.
My boss also said he had a ice chest he doesnt use that I could cut off the bottom and mount over it....:giggle: ice chest trailer.....
It would need some holes for cooling....but it would be sweet to see the looks at the gas station...

Its crazy that I just rolled into my driveway to unload my trailer and you go rolling by....I had never seen you in the neighborhood before yesterday.

Last edited:
Hey Genz, How is that gearing and tire working out for you? Do you have to adjust the chain often?

Man, everyone is having fun now. I had to put my trailer on hold. Work got so slow, that i had to take back my motor just to pay some bills. Fortunately, im swamped with work now so I can get back on the trailer build soon.

Have you had any problems with the clutch?

Back