6.5hp push trailer....version 1.0

man -- that's sweet

looks to be heavy duty with your connection
some I see cause me to wonder

where THINGS come together at the seat swivel -- simple and strong looking

happy riding -- from - MM

im in. call me building lol
im going to use a CM 6.5 "lightly modified"
standard single wheel push trailer, simple frame. I think ill use a lawn mower front tire and wheel, or some princess auto parts. (probley the latter)

im thinking ill incorporate a mountain bike shock ahead of the engine. i wish i could draw out a scematic on paint but im using ubuntu (i dont know what id use to "paint" with)
the only change ill make from the pictures here is the shock mount, ill pin the hitch at the 90 degree ahead of the engine and put the mtb shock there im thinking that the weight of the engine combined with the wheel out in back will work....

ill be starting this asap. since my *** needs to get to work a town or two over really soon.

That's nice. I'd like to see a push-trailer with a shock!

Keep those ideas coming people!

im thinking ill incorporate a mountain bike shock ahead of the engine. i wish i could draw out a scematic on paint but im using ubuntu (i dont know what id use to "paint" with)
Try google sketchup
http://sketchup.google.com/
Its free and works awesome and perfect scale.
I used it recently to design a friends beer brewing system....all gravity.
It will save you time and materials.
beerrigmeasurements.png

beerrigringsandkeggles.png

I have thought of building a swingarm behind where the current frame is.....mounting a single shock like you had in mind.
Then ditching the single wheel for 2 so I can mount a motorcycle disc brake rotor to the axle......two wheels should brake better than one. :D
Its too **** hot IMO to ride right now....so its on the back burner...

Last edited:
I despise them,if you go to all the length to create something patently unsafe (if not lethal) turn it into a regular scooter,would make much more sense.I don't particularly mind if some over-testosteroned nutcase who has been forewarned,tries to make it to the Pearly Gates ASAP,but do it in place where you not likely to endanger others.This dangerous fad is not going to last,The Law will ultimately wake up& throw the book at you irresposible scofflaws,but then the saner MBers in FL are bound to get screwed too.

sorry if im wrong id have to reread the whole thread over, but are you saying that push trailers are more dangerous than a frame mounted mb?

i beg to differ. but i look at it like this,
if you are unsure of how a machine will respond you treat it with kid hands for a while.... the confidence grows upon you to do whatever and know where reckless is reckless. (and others as well)

lost my train of thought, but if you think trailers are more dangerous then well..... lets hear it? dont let that one idiot on the highway sway the opinion, that guy obviousley has some mechanical skill to achieve that sustained speed without dying. im sure he still uses it too up to that speed. is it safe? probley not.

I despise them,if you go to all the length to create something patently unsafe (if not lethal) turn it into a regular scooter,would make much more sense.I don't particularly mind if some over-testosteroned nutcase who has been forewarned,tries to make it to the Pearly Gates ASAP,but do it in place where you not likely to endanger others.This dangerous fad is not going to last,The Law will ultimately wake up& throw the book at you irresposible scofflaws,but then the saner MBers in FL are bound to get screwed too.

That is a fully opinionated post which has absolutely no facts at all. A responsible person will make sure to have good brakes and a kill switch. They will also follow the speed limit. An irresponsible person is dangerous whether they are on skate boards, roller blades, man-powered bicycles or anything with wheels. The fact that you don't like push trailers and like scooters means just that.

Saying that you don't mind if someone who has been forewarned dies is one of those thoughts that you just keep to yourself.

Back