7 Speed Motorized Bike Ride

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My old MB had a mirror on it. It broke during storage. I need to get a new one, I miss having it. However, my back twistability has improved.
In less than 1/10 of a second your eyes can move from a mirror back to the road ahead. It takes nearly 2 seconds to twist back and look then back forward too look. A lot can happen during that long of period of time at 30+ mph.

The width of the field you can see with a twist look is narrower as well than with a mirror. At least get helmet mirrors

I am serious. I know that the arm out and elbow up means right turn. I doubt 75% of the drivers here know hand signals. You'd be amazed how many won't turn left on a green light without the arrow. I get so frustrated when I am behind someone in the left hand turn lane, the left green ARROW goes out but the big green light stays on, no oncoming traffic and they don't know they can go without an ARROW... I automatically assume that if I am not first in line when that happens I will be stuck there for a cycle.

So I figure I better POINT in the direction I am going to go. 👉

👉 "I wonder what that guy's pointing at" :ROFLMAO:

Pointing over your head probably gets their attention for sure

In less than 1/10 of a second your eyes can move from a mirror back to the road ahead. It takes nearly 2 seconds to twist back and look then back forward too look. A lot can happen during that long of period of time at 30+ mph.

The width of the field you can see with a twist look is narrower as well than with a mirror. At least get helmet mirrors
Yeah I am not a fan of that practice for circumawareness (yeah I made that word up, what of it?). Mirrors are next on my list.

My peripheral vision is nearly 180, I can keep an eye on my mirrors and the road ahead at all times. But I drive for a living so it's second nature.

If you have a narrow field of vision, your seating position should be more aft instead of over the handle bars. That way you can keep an eye on everything without a lot of head movement.

People now-a-days can't even see straight ahead, blinder by the light of the phone.

Back