9.2 mile commute now

It's a road mower! :p

that almost sounds like Road Warrior... I LIKE IT!

A couple months ago, I had told my supervisor at work that I was building it. When she saw it Monday, she burst out with "OH MY GOD, IT'S ADORABLE!"

Today s*cks because it SUPPOSED to rain, but it doesn't LOOK like it's going to rain... I guess I have an hour still to decide between bus and bike

I was riding the bike pictured as my avatar photo from Castleton to the East Side of Indianapolis as my work commuter everyday - 25 miles each way. Had an enduro front end and a 4 inch Stingray back tire so potholes simply weren't an issue. Sadly, the bike is parked for now until I can fund some fixes that need to happen but man, what a fun ride!

I was riding the bike pictured as my avatar photo from Castleton to the East Side of Indianapolis as my work commuter everyday - 25 miles each way. Had an enduro front end and a 4 inch Stingray back tire so potholes simply weren't an issue. Sadly, the bike is parked for now until I can fund some fixes that need to happen but man, what a fun ride!

Thats a heckuva commute man, thats a long ride.

Drove a Honda ACE 750 long enough in Austin, Texas to be terrified of cagers! Stick to the sidewalks and have lots of safety gear!-Gearhead

When I had the chance, I hogged my lane-- I "DEMANDED" respect from the cagers by taking up a whole lane when there were two driving lanes and nothing for a bike lane.

I try to be as courteous and considerate to cars as possible. I think it is just right to try to be nice to others, and, in addition, I do not want cars be angry at me in particular or bicyclists in general.

Riding to the far right is an invitation to pass. That is what I do whenever there is enough room. When there is not enough room for safe passing, then I ride to block the lane. Then as soon as there is room, I move to the right and wave the cars to pass.

Doing this I have never once had a car honk at me or pass dangerously close.

Last edited:
I try to be as courteous and considerate to cars as possible. I think it is just right to try to be nice to others, and, in addition, I do not want cars be angry at me in particular or bicyclists in general.

Riding to the far right is an invitation to pass. That is what I do whenever there is enough room. When there is not enough room for safe passing, then I ride to block the lane. Then as soon as there is room, I move to the right and wave the cars to pass.

Doing this I have never once had a car honk at me or pass dangerously close.

Whenever there is a proper bike lane, I stick to that, no question. But if there is just two driving lanes and a full-of-cars parking lane, I will take up the whole right lane, which forces them to pass me by completely moving over to the left lane.

I'm not a jerk about it, nor am I a daredevil about it-- if I am riding in an empty parking lane/bike lane and there is a parked car coming up, I will slow down and yield to the traffic next to me. Only when it is clear will I take my place in a full lane.

It is legal for a pedal cyclist to ride like that, so it is legal for a MB to ride like that.

One thing that bugs me about bike lanes is gravel, and trash, nails, w/e. I used to ride the bike lane on this road near my house till I picked up a staple and got a flat. The problem is theres a curb on the right side of the bike lane and noone to sweep the streets.

Back