9.2 mile commute now

I have a 61 year old skinny boney butt..3 different saddels still didnt work for me on some of these red brick roads we have here..I bought a Cloud 9 , 10inch wide seat and a a adjustable compression post..real nice ride now and looks good

Tedd, could you post a link to the seat and compression post, building a new bike this fall/winter, and would like any info for a more confortable ride!!! Plan on riding mainly the bike, next spring, summer and fall!

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Drive with care

Unior, Are you ridin with a DUI. if not sorry, if so carefull if pulled over they could F-up your program.

You commuters and trip takers are some brave souls! I have not ridden my 48cc Grubbee 2 stroke more than 5 miles one way!;) What is the safe con tinuous one way ride mileage for one of these little beasts? Does one ride motorized for a bit and then pedal? Moderators, if this is considered highjacking, please remove or relocate-thanx!:)-Gearhead

I just road 30 miles the other day without a hitch! I wouldn't have trusted my old ht to go that far without problems with the chain or engine. Plus I would've gotten my brains vibrated out.

Friction drive is cheap, reliable, and vibrations aren't even bad till you hit the 20 mile mark you start to fell a numbness in your fingers and feet.

I just got home ten minutes ago from my first day commuting to and from work on my MB... 15 miles each way, and took about 45 minutes each way. When I had the chance, I hogged my lane-- I "DEMANDED" respect from the cagers by taking up a whole lane when there were two driving lanes and nothing for a bike lane.

I'm feeling a little jelly like in the legs, but I'm not in pain.

The ride was a hoot if for no other reason than I rode across Milwaukee, TWICE, on something that is a cross between a bicycle and a lawnmower :D

Back