About got it done! Few more questions

daveet66

Local time
4:22 AM
I got spark that's a plus having a hard time with lining the rear linear brakes and watched you tube vidioes still can't get them right! Bike shop was gonna charge me 30 for front disc and back brakes I took it there and guy says it wouldn't touch it cause had motor on it wtf! And my chain tensioner can I drill a hole in frame to keep it from moving towards my spokes and thanks again guys

Attachments

• 20230613_204555.jpg
    20230613_204555.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 70
This is the warning that the vendors have to put out to play CYA legally because rim type brakes WILL result in rim failure on mag wheels which will get you hurt if not worse.

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM.

Those rims are not meant for rim brakes, you need discs in the rear too. As far as drilling the frame don't drill it. these frames are already known to have structural issues, and it would be very hard and expensive to fix it.
Alright thanks glad I ask about the frame cause I was about to do it when I get off work! I even borrowed a drill lol

This is the warning that the vendors have to put out to play CYA legally because rim type brakes WILL result in rim failure on mag wheels which will get you hurt if not worse.

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM.
Thanks once again

Alright thanks glad I ask about the frame cause I was about to do it when I get off work! I even borrowed a drill lol
Yeah, you never want to put a hole in any of these frames regardless of material or frame. Ask Damien about his huffy cruiser and the holes for the water bottle mount that come factory.

Ask Damien about his huffy cruiser and the holes for the water bottle mount that come factory.
Yep, that was my old Huffy frame, that sucker snapped in two because of FACTORY drilled water bottle mounting holes...Never again will I have a frame with holes drilled into it, factory or otherwise...lol.

Back