Accepted proof of MPH

The one thing I don't get is why do these kinds of apps need permission to access pictures and media files? Could be my tech ignorance. :confused:
accessing media files just means you're giving it permission to read and write to the device. if the app has data logging of any kind (even as simple as it showing average speed or top speed) then it needs to be able to read and write to the device storage to work.

some apps do abuse it, but the ones that do are very quickly removed from the market. for the most part an app can make more money off serving ads for a couple years than it can selling user data for a couple days so it's not something to be concerned about.

accessing media files just means you're giving it permission to read and write to the device. if the app has data logging of any kind (even as simple as it showing average speed or top speed) then it needs to be able to read and write to the device storage to work.

some apps do abuse it, but the ones that do are very quickly removed from the market. for the most part an app can make more money off serving ads for a couple years than it can selling user data for a couple days so it's not something to be concerned about.
Not to mention if they were any good at making an app they could sell a pro version of it so they don't need ads nor hijacked information to make money ;)

I use an older Garmin eTrex I got off eBay. Very accurate, cost about $35 plus about $15 more for a handlebar mount. I got it because the speed limit in my state is 20 mph, and I want to make sure I am not exceeding that.

Back