Adapt yamaha cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James98189741

Local time
1:05 AM
Is it possible to adapt one of these cylinders or something similar to a china doll bottum end or create an engine on a bike using parts like these intended for dirt bikes. Just seems way better quality. You know lol. And on an off topic these places like Bikeberry say very little about what they are selling. For instance i got a bbr tuning engine stage 3 and it came with a high compression head but i don't know if its 5.5,6,7,or 8cc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828-200417.png
    Screenshot_20200828-200417.png
    338.3 KB · Views: 287
Is it possible to adapt one of these cylinders or something similar to a china doll bottum end or create an engine on a bike using parts like these intended for dirt bikes. Just seems way better quality. You know lol. And on an off topic these places like Bikeberry say very little about what they are selling. For instance i got a bbr tuning engine stage 3 and it came with a high compression head but i don't know if its 5.5,6,7,or 8cc
It all depends on the bolt pattern whether it will fit or nut, might want to confirm that before buying. Then there is the whole rod piston thing to deal with.
As far as the cc on the chamber goes, get a thin sheet of plexiglass and drill a hole in the middle. Put your spark plug in and the plexiglas across the head and fill with water. Measure what goes in.

In your first response i knew there were variables involved i was kinda wonder ing if anyone thought about doing it or pulled it off but i appreciate the response

I actually just found that site about a week ago going to to get the whole racing engine. Great deal and product looks better than anything ive seen except arrow motors

I actually just found that site about a week ago going to to get the whole racing engine. Great deal and product looks better than anything ive seen except arrow motors
Yup, you really get for what your paying for.

Figured those polini kits cost about 200$ by them selves plus the time for CNC machining those adapters (as well as needing to make some profit)

Not bad at all

Also budget for a nice pipe and carburator. Those can make all the difference

Last edited:
I have a mikinu vm 18 and its perfect and i know where to get big pipes they cost 200 and the minarelli race hybrids costs 500. I figure i should hit over 50mph pretty easy although its a guess. They look great though

I know some guy makes a minarelli cylinder head kit for these motors, although i cant find his website.

If i remember correctly its 250$ for the whole kit (he uses polini kits) or around 130$ for just the adapter.

Edit: here you go, i guess he stopped selling just the adapter
https://smolik-performance.myshopif...-70cc-top-end-hybrid-minarelli-conversion-kit
I have just the adapter kit on the website for only $90 right now. It's practically bolt on a Yamaha BWS (Minarelli Horizontal) cylinder to a long rod 40mm stroke bottom end.

https://smolik-performance.myshopify.com/collections/intake/products/hybrid-minarelli-conversion-kit

Any questions let me know

I have a mikinu vm 18 and its perfect and i know where to get big pipes they cost 200 and the minarelli race hybrids costs 500. I figure i should hit over 50mph pretty easy although its a guess. They look great though
With the 70cc racing I was doing 58mph at about 11500rpm with 10/36t gearing and that's with zero sacrifice of bottom end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back