Alternator And belt drive

The phantom is also single piece. The BT80 is also a saw jug design. I had my bike up to 40mph before I added a bunch of weight and wind drag
I also don’t like the phantom lol but that’s some good info tbh the only reason I don’t like them is it makes it hard to get higher compression without decking the base

And
I also don’t like the phantom lol but that’s some good info tbh the only reason I don’t like them is it makes it hard to get higher compression without decking the base
we’ll also getting different better cooling heads I push my motors hard

How high are you wanting?! Remove both base gaskets and you end up with a .5mm squish gap. I have one base gasket and a decked case (done to level the deck due to poor half alignment, and with my Meteor piston I have a .9mm squish gap, and believe me when I tell you it has a ton of compression. Not sure where you sourced your information, but it's not right.
For the cooling side of things, I can't fault you. The P85 is powerful, but definitely suffers from poor cooling and doesn't take well to lots of wide open throttle.

How high are you wanting?! Remove both base gaskets and you end up with a .5mm squish gap. I have one base gasket and a decked case (done to level the deck due to poor half alignment, and with my Meteor piston I have a .9mm squish gap, and believe me when I tell you it has a ton of compression. Not sure where you sourced your information, but it's not right.
For the cooling side of things, I can't fault you. The P85 is powerful, but definitely suffers from poor cooling and doesn't take well to lots of wide open throttle.
No don’t get me wrong you can get plenty compression out of one piece but you tend to mess with the port timings which some people like don’t get me wrong lol I’d just rather deck the top to get my desired effect

No don’t get me wrong you can get plenty compression out of one piece but you tend to mess with the port timings which some people like don’t get me wrong lol I’d just rather deck the top to get my desired effect
in the end I am just a stickler for being able to mess with two things instead of one even if it can be less efficient

Should be forced air cooling like any saw. I think they should have cast a few more fins in the cylinder.

Should be forced air cooling like any saw. I think they should have cast a few more fins in the cylinder.
And/or turned the top fins around front to back to have more airflow rather than having those top fins going side to side the way they have set that up as seen in my pic below...Always made me wonder why they did this like that, it makes zero sense to me...lol.

DSCN0227.JPG

And/or turned the top fins around to have more airflow rather than having those top fins going side to side the way they have set that up as seen in my pic below...Always made me wonder why they did this like that, it makes zero sense to me...lol.

View attachment 199407
The case of a saw has a pull start on the side which has a fan that blows across the head too. That's why the fins are like that but there is no fan on the side to help.

The case of a saw has a pull start on the side which has a fan that blows across the head too. That's why the fins are like that but there is no fan on the side to help.
Exactly the reason why they should have rethought that and cast their molds to have the fins front to back.

This could be one of the reasons that on the V-4 they are developing as a two piece cylinder with separate head, that this might be their way of correcting this error.

Back