Aluminium framing? (The realm Brand)

Local time
8:25 AM
I have a few concerns, what are some precautions I should take when installing a new kit on a aluminium bike?

Vibration to aluminium from a cast steel motor sounds frightening...

Tips installment info requested?

Vibration on an aluminum frame work hardens the aluminum making it brittle, then it'll be prone to cracking.

So in the event of cracks can the repairs be made via aluminium solder?

Pretty sure the new rigs aluminium but when I go to the site it didn't list it's material only says the rims are alloy.

Although there are some aluminum solders on the market they are not strong enough for structural applications and certainly not for a but joint, mostly they are for aluminum radiators and fluid vessels.

Although there are some aluminum solders on the market they are not strong enough for structural applications and certainly not for a but joint, mostly they are for aluminum radiators and fluid vessels.

So what can be done to reduce vibration in aluminium frame.

Aluminum is cool for an e-bike. E-motors vibrate very little and power delivery is smoother.
A steel frame, especially a tensile steel frame flexes, so it absorbs the vibrations instead of cracking.

So in the event of cracks can the repairs be made via aluminium solder?

Pretty sure the new rigs aluminium but when I go to the site it didn't list it's material only says the rims are alloy.

If your aluminum frame breaks - which it will as it is a function of time - you have a simple choice: trash the frame or take it to a very good TIG who may be able to salvage it.

That alumalloy flux less solder? That stuff is sketchy. No way it can save a broken aluminum frame.

Back