Am6

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
9:05 AM
I wanna make a brand new build with an am6 but I don't know how I would handle this coolant port I circled looks like it goes into the crankcase I know nothing about them though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219_084022.jpg
    Screenshot_20221219_084022.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 95
It’ll be time for an RDM billet case…
Be prepared to open…💰…. 💸

It’ll be time for an RDM billet case…
Be prepared to open…💰…. 💸

Is it possible with a cheap china case? Thats all I'm asking I can't afford an rdm case Ill just go buy a dirt bike if I start doing an RDM build

Is it possible with a cheap china case? Thats all I'm asking I can't afford an rdm case Ill just go buy a dirt bike if I start doing an RDM build
I think I remember seeing an old zeda motorsports build had a case reed and watercooled cylinder, the guy that had it was life of marcus the motor is 800$ which is understandable for a built motor

The case reed engines have a custom case.
It probably looks similar because the peripheral components are from a CG engine…just not the center case.
The best there is that’s fairly easily built on a CG case is the Mineralli vertical conversion and now with the phantom a saw build.

The case reed inductions…piaggio…
AM6..
all gonna need a custom case.

There are a few RDM billet cases on eBay for $250. One for sure is for a Piaggio.
It’s been my experience the RDM stuff for sale on eBay ships promptly…not months later.

If you want a fast water cooled engine and not just a motorcycle get a KTM 50 knock off for $500.
The guys at Smolik and RDM don’t fool with those engines because it’s not legal on their race circuit. They’re no gears on their race engines.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The case reed engines have a custom case.
It probably looks similar because the peripheral components are from a CG engine…just not the center case.
The best there is that’s fairly easily built on a CG case is the Mineralli vertical conversion and now with the phantom a saw build.

The case reed inductions…piaggio…
AM6..
all gonna need a custom case.

There are a few RDM billet cases on eBay for $250. One for sure is for a Piaggio.
It’s been my experience the RDM stuff for sale on eBay ships promptly…not months later.

If you want a fast water cooled engine and not just a motorcycle get a KTM 50 knock off for $500.
The guys at Smolik and RDM don’t fool with those engines because it’s not legal on their race circuit. They’re no gears on their race engines.

See I've wanted to put a ktm65 on a bike so freaking bad you don't even know. I just don't know how I would mount the damn thing, do you know anyone that makes mounts? I don't have a CNC machine, I do have a welder though and It would probably be smart to weld whatever kind of mounts to the frame and maybe add some gussets to the frame with this kind of power, but I would love nothing more than to put this on a bycicle you don't even know.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If this engine you sent me includes a way to power a pump or a pump for the radiator, I am going to start a new thread and throw all my money at this engine and find a way to mount it to my bike. While I wait til I can afford it I will take my bike to my dads and weld on some gussets and do any possible frame reinforcement. I will include photos and keep you updated. I don't know about the cylinder or piston quality on those engines but if I could get all of your help putting that engine on a bike I would love to. I would sell my engine to use towards money for this project!

I wanna make a brand new build with an am6 but I don't know how I would handle this coolant port I circled looks like it goes into the crankcase I know nothing about them though.

You've come a long way baby
I remember when you joined this forum 7/21 you couldn't afford a M/B kit. Motorbike Wayne donated you the money for one.

Now look at you, you've built engines, and now your building an AM6 (y)

If this engine you sent me includes a way to power a pump or a pump for the radiator, I am going to start a new thread and throw all my money at this engine and find a way to mount it to my bike. While I wait til I can afford it I will take my bike to my dads and weld on some gussets and do any possible frame reinforcement. I will include photos and keep you updated. I don't know about the cylinder or piston quality on those engines but if I could get all of your help putting that engine on a bike I would love to. I would sell my engine to use towards money for this project!
You can't mount a motor without having it in your hands. You first have to position it in the frame, tie it off to the top bar and take measurements from there.

Back