An accurate, good speedometer for MBs?

I had one of those that I couldn't get to work so I quit using it. After my most recent speedometer that got fried somehow, I think my MB doubles as a moving EMP :D I got this one back out and tried again. I just removed the battery to reset it and now after setting it all up again, it works great. The running engine or electrical stuff doesn't seem to affect this one. Cool deal. I also replaced the analog with a new one but haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I basically mounted the digital to double check the accuracy of the analog one. I have 110 miles on my old sunlite analog and once I make sure the replacement is good, I will put this digital one on my new skyhawk bike i am in the process of assembling.

I am still using a analog speedo and have been thinking of mounting my E trex GPS to calibrate it.
I like the analog speedo and plan to use one on my Sportsman Flyer build. All things retro.

I definitely prefer the analog over digital but I don't have space for the part that fits onto the front rim on my new build. It's just a no go so a digital will have to be used. It is what it is I guess lol. Hopefully I can modify the magnet part to fit over 11g spokes. We'll see...

I definitely prefer the analog over digital but I don't have space for the part that fits onto the front rim on my new build. It's just a no go so a digital will have to be used. It is what it is I guess lol. Hopefully I can modify the magnet part to fit over 11g spokes. We'll see...
What I do, is I have smal magnets from other hobbies, and I CA glue the magnet to the spoke. Works good for me.
Just keep your eye on it when wiping down the spokes!
Keep looking up! Ken.

What I do, is I have smal magnets from other hobbies, and I CA glue the magnet to the spoke. Works good for me.
Just keep your eye on it when wiping down the spokes!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Hey thanks Ken. I didn't know you could do that. Can I use any type of magnet if I can't get the original one to work?

Got it to work. I just drilled out the notch in the plastic magnet clip part to fit over the 11g spoke and glued together over the spoke. Worked great. Shouldn't have to worry about it moving at all.

Well my luck ran out today. Speedo won't go above 20mph and I can tell I'm runnin about 30. It just kinda wiggles around after 15mph now. It lasted me 79 miles but its useless now. I recant my recent submission in which I praised this particular analog speedometer. I can't say I would recommend it now lol.

Sounds like the problem all of them have after a short time running. I took mine apart to look at it and it is not that complicated. Might try and fix it one day but it was far from accurate to begin with. Mine only lasted about 30 miles.

Back