Anybody call you lazy?

Most of the time people yell at me and say "your cheating." Which might imply laziness. But I think most of the time they they are just joking.

Yea Like

they should make a few city busses pedal assisted. wouldnt that be cool. (of course the less people the more dependant on petrol, but at rush hour imagine 55 people pedalling to hold between stop speed while the motor idles to hold momentum up?

The Flintstones !!!!!

where I'm from there are none of these gas bikes, I typically get "cheater" yelled at me from the cyclists not the spandex types, there too snotty to comment. I just smile at them.

If i wanna walk i'll walk....if i wanna pedal i'll pedal.
Besides,i've have been called Lazy a few times..........couldn't be bothered responding though.

I Like

the Harley guys , They see my bike...
Man you should get a real bike like a Harley.
I say yea but I can see spending 30K to go 5 mph faster !!!!!!
I say you should get a real bike like a Suzuki !!!!
Then I start running !!!!
:giggle:

At our 15-minute morning meeting, this 50-something-year-old chubby woman announces that we should all be standing because we sit at our desks and don't do strenuous work. Her sidekick states we should be jogging in place because we don't do any physical activity.

I guess they were insinuating that I was lazy. Here they were, three men and eight women standing in the hallway for the meeting, including my male supervisor.

And there I am...the only person amongst them sitting on a chair.:giggle:

There was absolutely no reason to have responded to her snide remark.

ACTION speaks louder than words!

They KNOW I'm the only guy in a building with 200+ employees that rides a bike to work.

And that woman's comment was made BEFORE I started pedalling my bike for exercise.

These people don't exercise. But I must admit that these office workers watch what they eat for lunch... then snack all day.:whistle:

When I get snotty comments,
I ask if they criticize moped and scooter riders?
Aint no difference, imo.

A little off topic ,
Awhile back, this woman in a Prius (smug) stopped next to me (on my goped)
and yelled at me if I was buying any carbon offset credits for riding my scoot.
I told her, "Why don't you go suck a ****?"
That was a good day.

Ya gotta have the one liners ready for the snotty comments as they come.

How ever did you possibly think of such a clever response so quickly?

Cheater! - Thats one I have heard from time to time. Someone drove by me once and shouted that. So you aren't a cheater by getting a ride from someone in a gas-guzzler??

Back