Anybody call you lazy?

The bicycle riders don't say it, but it's written on their faces.
Since there is a traffic light at least every mile on my 50 mile commuting route, I do get some exercise.

Some guy came up to me the other day and called me "lazy" i looked to see what he was driving/riding. He was driving a Chrysler Mini-Van. I told him he was a slave to Detriot. It shut him up and he started listening. I told him i built this ride with a sense of pride in my voice. If you think about it, we have around $300 to $500 invested in our MB's. SO the depreciation on them is very low if any, shoot i could probably sell my MB right now for more than twice of what i have in it, so it appreciates. As soon as that guy drove the mini van off the car dealer lot, he probably lost about $2,000 in depreciation.

He probably was a wage monkey as well and took him a while to save up for his ride. Henceforth, "Slave to Detriot" and the way "Detriot is headed, Im glad im not a slave to it."

How ever did you possibly think of such a clever response so quickly?

Cheater! - Thats one I have heard from time to time. Someone drove by me once and shouted that. So you aren't a cheater by getting a ride from someone in a gas-guzzler??

I know, more vulgar than clever, but it shut her up and made me feel great.
Too often I say nothing and regret the **** out of it later,
until the replaying of the scene in my head just consumes me. Never again.

Me Lazy?

I gave my honey-do list to my son. He's home with us until he gets his college degree.

Wife doesn't like it, but it's fair. I'm the sole breadwinner and go to night school.

I'm not getting much exercise commuting to work on "The Dragon Lady" every day.

Sooo, I've been pedalling my other bike about nine miles during lunchtime.

Boss saw me walking past his desk wearing tanktop and safety vest, carrying my bicycle helmet.

"Oh my God! Is this Halloween?" he exclaimed as he ate his lunch at his desk.

"Yeah sure, Halloween lunchtime" I muttered.(can't tick off the boss)

I'm not a talker, I'm a doer. Here's this fat sloppy boss two years older than I with major medical problems. He literally can't walk two city blocks if his life depended on it.

Action speaks louder than words. I'll just pass by his desk every day during lunchtime with my riding gear and let him eat his heart out.:giggle:

I have a theory that the cager/couch potato types feel a semi-conscious need to make us helmet/safety vest types seem a bit ridiculous.

This is how they avoid feeling guilty (or maybe a bit ridiculous themselves)

I have a theory that the cager/couch potato types feel a semi-conscious need to make us helmet/safety vest types seem a bit ridiculous.

This is how they avoid feeling guilty (or maybe a bit ridiculous themselves)
Probably sour grapes.....the cans do & the cants(that's cants) criticize.

Another example comes to mind; unless you buy a $1500 bike and wear spandex, they assume you have a DUI. I don't know how many times they've asked me how long untill I get my license back. When I tell them that my record is perfect (haven't been pulled over in 23 years and counting), they seem just a bit incredulous.

They ought to know better. But, again, they don't want to acknowledge bicycle legitimacy. That way they can dismiss any feeling that they maybe should do something to reduce their own auto usage.

Our society's addiction to autos has some striking resemblances to drug addiction.

I dont pay any attention to those snobby,,Al Gore types...people that build things are the people that built this country.

Darn right.

I've only had one negative comment about my machine, and it was from someone who is negative about everything - and it was a comment about laziness. I replied "Lazy? Who's lazy? Lady, I *Built myself a way to work*, How is that lazy?"

-Mark

Back