Anyone tried "American Chain Drive"?

I agree. I think, however, in the interest of fairness, we email the vendor the URL to this post and ask them to comment?

As a long time customer of Island Hopper, I can comment for them. My name is Blake and I live in northwestern Canada and every time I ordered, I received exaxtly what I wanted. One time they even threw in a free gas tank so I could have a spare. My 35ccTitan has been through 3 winters and my 48cc through 2 summers. Both motors are still goin strong. Right now I,m in the misdt of ordering a couple of carbs and it is happening.
If I was working the oder desk and someone wanted me to go through the story of war and peace to get gyro secs for something that is not a sale and sold out anyway, well thats all u get.

For what it is worth, (during my 3 month research of bike engines/bikes before my GEBE purchase) I came upon this company.

From what I remember, the bikes were all assembled & pretty reasonable.
(Considering you get bike & engine fully assembled)
If memory serves, they were the Chinese engines mounted to different styles of bicycles.

The main reason I did not "go for one" was all I had heard were NIGHTMARE stories concerning those Chinese engines.
So I decided not to go that route.

The site was very friendly & responded Quickly.
In fact, I may go & check out the URL & compare to what I saw last year at this time!

Starrman15

High!!! I am a long time customer of Island Hopper and yes they are very responsive and profesional ,However They just don,t sell only chinese engines, they also sell subaru, honda and BRidgeStone . BridgeStone motors are made wiath Mitubishi parts and thats on the inside. This is a Japanese motor. But what,s wrong with the chinese stuff anyway?? Youre gonna horror stories just fron flat tiers let alone motors.
My 35 cc Bridgestonehas run me through 3 winters and 2 summersmy 48cc through 2 summers i just posted pics at the gallery any way yes I had my share of blood swet and tears, but I ran these motrs through the mill and for the motors themelves I would my life behind if I was a dealer.
MY motors are still goin and who needs a sthill or huskavarna if u got one of these.
For a about 20 dollars at wall Home Depot u can get tubbing and gaqssline shutoff valves with gass line to llast u for 10 years, and throw them on. These motors really need em , however they dont sell these motors for $400.with $5oo.oo worth of parts on them. Also, inside the carb there is a very super fine screen at the main intake. That screen is si fine that after a while it gums up to that has to be blowin out, Also if you ever take off the carb MANIFOLD, you better know what you,re doin in puttin it back on. I had alot of fun playin wit the carbs but must have brand new ones for spare on standby to do that. Carbs seem easy enough to get. Right now my carbs on my motors are working great but I have no spares so Im in the middle of a carb deal with them.

I came across this website before. The products look ok, the website a little chancy. Your typing is hard to read, but what motors and kits have you bought from them? I don't want to buy a whole bike. I already have some. I just want a friction drive and engine, budget is around $300. I was just planning to get a BMP (if they'll ever "get inventory" lol) or Dax (seems to be enough of those and happy customers) and a harbor fart engine.

High Happy C , For a long time they have been sold out on their rack mount chain drives but they still have parts and motors for them. I bought the 35cc Bridgestone up here in Northwestern Canada , at Fun Mobility but FB stopped selling them and went strictly electric. Then I bought a 48cc bridgestone from Island hopper along with a bunch of parts. The motor alone cost $370.oo
Island Hopper does seem to have the rack mount friction drive called the 49cc Viper but they cost a little more than $300.oo. Just a short while ago, they had a 70cchopper where the rear sprocket mounted the hubs instead of the spokes- I guess it sold pretty quick. Ive been trying to get carbs from them on line but nothing seems to be happening so I will have to call them on the phone

Back