Anyone tried GasBike case induction GT90 kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ronALD

Hello,

I was looking on GasBike and came across a crankcase for these cg engines which I haven't seen before.
They have a kit called GT90 conversion kit which looks to have a crankcase inducted reed intake.
Have any of you tried this kit? If so, would you happen to have pictures of the castings? Or otherwise have any info on this kit.

Thank you.

I've seen them, they seem to work alright. before assembling is a good time to go ahead and replace the bearings and seals with better quality, and also be sure to stuff the case. you'll be much happier with it if you do.

I was looking at that GT90 conversion kit too.. Where do I get the parts to complete it? I have a Grubee SkyHawk GT5, could I take the crank, connecting rod, clutch, and misc hardware out of that to put the GT90 together?
Thank guys!

I was looking at that GT90 conversion kit too.. Where do I get the parts to complete it? I have a Grubee SkyHawk GT5, could I take the crank, connecting rod, clutch, and misc hardware out of that to put the GT90 together?
Thank guys!
you'll be able to complete it with parts from your motor no problem

I've seen them, they seem to work alright. before assembling is a good time to go ahead and replace the bearings and seals with better quality, and also be sure to stuff the case. you'll be much happier with it if you do.

Any chance you have a link to said upgraded seals?

Does anyone have a link?

I had a messed up experience with my gt80. I cracked the exhaust flange when i moved my bike backwards and it caught the tune pipe then leverage took over. Bought a new ported cylinder and cleaned all of the flash out of it with a curved file, A MUST IF YOUR EVER BUYING PARTS. you would be surprized how many jagged edges are waiting to wizz around in your engine. I thought i would be fancy so i bought a 47mm Italian moped piston since im already in there. But i think the rings were NOT ment for a plated cylinder. I got a 10 minute puts and when i say it ate the cylinder... IT ATE IT. so i was luckey enought to find a 50cc franco morini engine on ebay for about 250. Rare find and you get what you pay for with the exhaust too, SICK RIGHT? USPS deemed it dead mail and now its offically MIA.....it be devine intervention because after that i seen this kit. My emgine has less that an 1 hour on it and this is the way you do a high output motorized bike engine. I ordered a kit and i will post pictures of my start to finish rebuild process along with little performance tips and tricks for any gear head willing to browse. It should be here by next week, FINGERS CROSSED BEFORE WEATHER CHANGES!

Bump, looking for these upgraded seals mentioned.
look for a 15 x 27 x 7mm double lip oil seal. nitrile is the standard material, but viton has a better temperature range and will be less prone to blowing out. viton is more expensive however, typically somewhere around 6 times the price. any double lip seal will be an upgrade over the stock ones, so don't worry too much about viton if you can't drop $40 on seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back