ASP Need Help

inspectorcritic

Local time
2:47 PM
I blew a piston last night this morning I grab a piston out my bone yard put it in a long with bearing, piston moves freely without the head on soon I put on the head motor jams right up?

I'm in the process of replacing the jug same one that came with piston.

Any ideas on what's jamming it?

My guess is your engine is a long rod and you used a piston from a short rod engine. Compare the pin height from the old piston to the new one.

The piston is hitting the head could that an oversized piston or a 66cc on a 49cc jug?
I thought the cc was width not length.

Type A and Type B pistons are different check the pin holes on both and make sure they are the same height

Type A and Type B pistons are different check the pin holes on both and make sure they are the same height
Thanks for your reply.
Is it possible I put the piston in backwards?
I put it in so rings ends miss both ports.
I have another head that came with the piston I'm gonna try that also got a frank air head next I've got 4 or maybe 5 spare head gaskets I'll try to shim it if not I'll shove it in the dumpster and call Bikebury hope before 5 for another motor unless you know of a better motor replacement store.

Yippie got my ride going again who ever guess the piston bushing hole was right it was a motor from California motor bikes you just make out the piston in the middle rides about 1/4" or more high. Had to sit for half hour and bang on another motor to get the rusted pin out glad I didn't give up!
So I'm down here at Fuzzy's having a couple sconers of beer celebrating.
Thanks for the help.

Your Welcome
I got a long verticle scratch inside the cylinder is that giving me low compression.
But, f*** the wheel is so damn hard to turn over to do the test.

I have another clean cylinder I can put on but to turn for Max if
112 PSI is gonna take a lot of muscle.

Your Welcome
Oops latest test result on compression, it's starting look more favorable what do you think?
I have scratch in the cylinder should I replace the jug to get more compression?
I had to stand up on the pedals to pedal it to get a good reading.
I

Back