Phantom 85

I'm getting a phantom 85 soon and was wondering if putting the cylinder on is a pain.
no worse than any other engine with a 1pc cylinder. When fitting mine together initially I couldn't even get the head halfway on because the case halves weren't lined up properly so the studs on each half were slightly mis-aligned with the other side. I managed to loosen all of the case bolts up and persuade it just enough to solve 90% of the issue, and then used a rat-tail file to clearance one of the stud holes that was still slightly binding.

That isn't a problem unique to the Phantom. Had that issue with 2 other engines. Just cheap engine quality control at work.

no worse than any other engine with a 1pc cylinder. When fitting mine together initially I couldn't even get the head halfway on because the case halves weren't lined up properly so the studs on each half were slightly mis-aligned with the other side. I managed to loosen all of the case bolts up and persuade it just enough to solve 90% of the issue, and then used a rat-tail file to clearance one of the stud holes that was still slightly binding.

That isn't a problem unique to the Phantom. Had that issue with 2 other engines. Just cheap engine quality control at work.
Great, and I was worried about getting the rings compressed to go in the cylinder

No not really. As easy as any other. You just lightly lube the piston and cylinder and slowly lower it on while pushing the rings with your finger or a flat tool
Thanks i was just wondering, cause how the bottom is different from my 80,. Which i have taken off and put on so much hear lately.

So I just got a brand new phantom 85 v2 what do I need to replace? And where can I buy it? Some said piston, others said just the wrist pin, and others bearings? Please someone help I really don’t want to blow up my new engine

So I just got a brand new phantom 85 v2 what do I need to replace? And where can I buy it? Some said piston, others said just the wrist pin, and others bearings? Please someone help I really don’t want to blow up my new engine
When you say, Just got it, how long ago was that...They ran out of V-2s a while back and only have the newest and best V-3s right now.
You didn't get it in the US did you???

Ps...Eagle Pass TX, I'm showing you a little more further south than that...lol...Piedras Negras maybe...lol.

When you say, Just got it, how long ago was that...They ran out of V-2s a while back and only have the newest and best V-3s right now.
You didn't get it in the US did you???

Ps...Eagle Pass TX, I'm showing you a little more further south than that...lol...Piedras Negras maybe...lol.
Yeah I bought it off eBay and as a matter a fact i am in piedras lol, how’d you know

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0538.png
    IMG_0538.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 65
I am running a V-2 I got last year, you only have to make sure to flip the bottom end upside down and shake out any possible metal fillings still in it, pour a little gas/oil mix into that bottom end and swirl it around a bit and pour it out just to make sure there is no more filings in it,
Check for any inside the cylinder casting flashings that need to be filed off and smoothed out so it does not catch the rings.

From there, just take some 2 cycle oil and rub it around inside the cylinder and on the piston rings and put things together.

Yeah I bought it off eBay and as a matter a fact i am in piedras lol, how’d you know
I'm a moderator of the forum, It's my business to know to eliminate spammers and scammers who try to get into forums like ours...lol.

Back