Phantom 85

I am running a V-2 I got last year, you only have to make sure to flip the bottom end upside down and shake out any possible metal fillings still in it, pour a little gas/oil mix into that bottom end and swirl it around a bit and pour it out just to make sure there is no more filings in it,
Check for any inside the cylinder casting flashings that need to be filed off and smoothed out so it does not catch the rings.

From there, just take some 2 cycle oil and rub it around inside the cylinder and on the piston rings and put things together.

I'm a moderator of the forum, It's my business to know to eliminate spammers and scammers who try to get into forums like ours...lol.
Makes sense lol, yeah I live in piedras negras, but i work and was born and raised in eagle pass,
So I don’t have to change the wrist pin or piston , read that the v2 had a lot of issues with ring snag

So I don’t have to change the wrist pin or piston
Nope...lol.

read that the v2 had a lot of issues with ring snag
Yep...But that is an easy issue to deal with...I kind of glossed over it in my previous posting.

I have to go and get ready for church right now but @ImpulseRocket will be on here shortly...He also has a V-2 Phantom and will have the time to go into anymore detail with you since I won't be back here until this afternoon.

Here is an assembly manual to help you out for the moment...They won't include the things I said to look for but @ImpulseRocket is more than able to tell ya what to look out for.

Attachments

• Zeda-ZTMoto-Phantom85-Installation.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 106
What you need to do with a V2 really comes down to the individual engine and your own personality. Damien did nothing but the basics with his and it works fine. I tore mine completely down and replaced almost everything inlcuding the seals and bearings (with all seals removed),, balanced and trued the crank, replaced the V2 piston with a Meteor piston that I windowed myself, did some small port work (including chamfering the port edges), aligned and decked the case halves, decked the jug a tiny bit, removed one base gasket, and cleaned the heck out of everything. Also still running fine.

The 2 biggest issues with the V2 were 1 - with the port edges and the upper transfers and intake port alignment with the ring pins on the piston. 2 - The pistons themselves having weak skirts on the intake side due to the way the windows were cut and how thin the skirts were. Both of these issues were corrected on the V3.

Any idea why this might have happen it chipped off in the piston pin clip area, was riding and suddenly a pop and motor stopped . I was using 20:1 for the break in since I had just purchased the piston and cylinder ,they arrived the 28 of last month. And now I’m screwed

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpeg
    IMG_1859.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 58
Any idea why this might have happen it chipped off in the piston pin clip area, was riding and suddenly a pop and motor stopped . I was using 20:1 for the break in since I had just purchased the piston and cylinder ,they arrived the 28 of last month. And now I’m screwed
Your replacement cylinder kit and other parts I told you to order is under warranty for six months with bicycle-engines.com...Call them for a replacement, you did of course order the new needle bearing to go along with that cylinder kits new wrist pin like I told you...Right???...You didn't try reusing the old one???

Make sure you flush out the bottom half crancase from any metal fragments that will be down there as I believe I also mentioned to you in that PM as well.

C
Can you clean up the broken spot and post a picture of it up close? We might be able to spot a casting flaw

Your replacement cylinder kit and other parts I told you to order is under warranty for six months with bicycle-engines.com...Call them for a replacement, you did of course order the new needle bearing to go along with that cylinder kits new wrist pin like I told you...Right???...You didn't try reusing the old one???

Make sure you flush out the bottom half crancase from any metal fragments that will be down there as I believe I also mentioned to you in that PM as well.
Yes ordered everything, even got a replacement needle bearing cause the one they had sent me was damaged, but i talked to them already, they will be sending me a replacement kit

Back